4 Gigs in 4 nights
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default 4 Gigs in 4 nights

So this is going to be the densest set of parties i have in a week... School finishes for the term next wednesday, and i have been booked for house parties on the wednesday, thursday, friday and saturday nights...

I have a playlist of about 180 songs which i can usually just scan through on the night and choose what fits, etc... But i'm concerned that:

A) Something is going to happen to my ears (Due to all this talk on here at the moment about ear damage)

B) I will get over my 180 songs i have which are 'playable'/ getting over music/parties in general.

I can't say i've ever had more than one gig in a weekend, and now i have 5 in less than 10 days, with four of them in a row.

Don't feel that i'm not looking forward to this.. I'm SO EXCITED... I just don't want to screw anything up too bad, and want to get the most out of the experience.

Has anyone had experiences like this before?
    Any suggestions?

Cheers.
    “Getting information off the Internet is like taking a drink from a fire hydrant." Mitchell Kapor
    Setup: TP2 - Vestax Typhoon - Korg NanoPad - Windows 7 x64 - Sony Vaio (Deceased) - Acer Aspire Timeline.
    House Parties - 2x12" Titan Audio PA's, 1xBehringer B1500D Sub

Read the crowd, see what they want.

Are the same people going to be at all the parties? If so maybe you should try to broaden your song base a bit, otherwise that shouldn't be a problem... I've had weekends like this at the end of terms as well, with quite big gigs Tuesday/Wednesday through Saturday, it's quite rough on you but a lot of fun. And the feeling when you go that last after hours party on Saturday and feel all the tension release is amazing...

Quote Originally Posted by koffa View Post
    Are the same people going to be at all the parties? If so maybe you should try to broaden your song base a bit, otherwise that shouldn't be a problem... I've had weekends like this at the end of terms as well, with quite big gigs Tuesday/Wednesday through Saturday, it's quite rough on you but a lot of fun. And the feeling when you go that last after hours party on Saturday and feel all the tension release is amazing...

Thankfully no, completely different friend groups as well as ages; so hopefully there will be minimal overlap :P

As i said. I can't wait
    “Getting information off the Internet is like taking a drink from a fire hydrant." Mitchell Kapor
    Setup: TP2 - Vestax Typhoon - Korg NanoPad - Windows 7 x64 - Sony Vaio (Deceased) - Acer Aspire Timeline.
    House Parties - 2x12" Titan Audio PA's, 1xBehringer B1500D Sub

Tech Mentor

lol play the same playlist but reverse the other night.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Even if it was the same people they still want to hear the good songs. Keep the list fresh, but don't be afraid to play some of the same crowd favorites each night.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by sparkbro View Post
    So this is going to be the densest set of parties i have in a week... School finishes for the term next wednesday, and i have been booked for house parties on the wednesday, thursday, friday and saturday nights...

I have a playlist of about 180 songs which i can usually just scan through on the night and choose what fits, etc... But i'm concerned that:

A) Something is going to happen to my ears (Due to all this talk on here at the moment about ear damage)

B) I will get over my 180 songs i have which are 'playable'/ getting over music/parties in general.

I can't say i've ever had more than one gig in a weekend, and now i have 5 in less than 10 days, with four of them in a row.

Don't feel that i'm not looking forward to this.. I'm SO EXCITED... I just don't want to screw anything up too bad, and want to get the most out of the experience.

Has anyone had experiences like this before?
    Any suggestions?

Cheers.
    A... if its gonna be so loud that someone standing 3 feet away from your ear needs to shout for you to hear and understand what they are saying, then yes, you should protect your ears.

B... depending how long your sets are you may be well advised to expand your playlist a bit... If you play all 180 songs for an average of 3 mins each you've got 9 hours... but u probably will only be able to play half of what you plan on playing in any given party just based on how you react to your crowd.... crowd favorites can and probably should be repeated as most people do like some repetition..... they don't know what they like, they like what they know.

Quote Originally Posted by Mylestec View Post
    they don't know what they like, they like what they know.
    this, you will have more than enough music, so long as it is different crowds, and its what you do with it that counts.

and that feeling you will get when you finally put your headphones down and relax will be amazing! i was physically shaking 4 this morning when i finished! but great feeling and ill do it all again next week.
    MBP / 8gb Ram / 1TB / SSL / Rane SL2 / HD25's / Dicers / Empty Bank Account

Quote Originally Posted by brian_johnstone View Post
    this, you will have more than enough music, so long as it is different crowds, and its what you do with it that counts.

and that feeling you will get when you finally put your headphones down and relax will be amazing! i was physically shaking 4 this morning when i finished! but great feeling and ill do it all again next week.
    One of the best feelings. All that built up tension and excitement just buzzing and wearing of and you just go like "fuck yeah". Get home, still a bit hyped, place your ass in your favorite chair, have a cigarette, open a beer and just wind down and think about whatever. OP is gonna have a blast I'm sure.

just mix it up or you'll get bored with the tunes (then again it's only over a week period, so no burnout will be involved ).

More tracks wouldn't hurt but don't get tracks just to get them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mylestec View Post
    crowd favorites can and probably should be repeated as most people do like some repetition..... they don't know what they like, they like what they know.
    very well put

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast