Regular Vinyl playback in Traktor Scratch Pro
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Regular Vinyl playback in Traktor Scratch Pro

Hey guys, I've been messing around in Traktor Scratch Pro and it's awesome! I have some records coming in from Chemical Records and wanted to know how do you set up Traktor Scratch to play regular vinyl on one deck while the other is playing timecode.

I know this option was very obvious in Traktor Pro 1, but I haven't noticed the Audio Through option in 2.

Thanks!

If you click on the Deck letter then a drop down menu turns up that gives you the option of setting the deck to scratch control, or live input - you want live input.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Theres an option to let the audio run through a deck. I have it bound to midi so i can go back and forth when I'm running internal. Otherwise. With a piggy back cable and mixing externally, you can use the line/phono switch to go between.
    Ableton Live 9, Traktor, VCI-400, APC40, QuNeo, Lemur iOS

I think I remember that you have to recalibrate every time you switch the deck back from a live input to a vinyl-controled track deck.

If that's the case, I'd get an RCA splitter and use the line/phono switches on your mixer.

And if you don't have a mixer…umm…buy one…they're better anyway.

Tech Mentor

Torq wins on this then, all you have to do is turn a knob and its done. i always new torq was better than traktor

Tech Mentor

how is pressing a button different from turning a knob? oO and it's even easier on an external mixer...
    Xone 42, X1, Audio 8, Maschine mikro

Actually, SSL won with the SL1, since it had thru outputs on the sound card. You just needed an extra RCA pair to use the line/phono switch instead of splitting it or dealing with the audio running through Traktor.

Although, everything becomes easy with the Vestax 05proIV, since it has "to DVS" outputs on the back of the mixer…so you can leave the decks plugged in the whole time and still switch between DJs and between real media and DVS with a switch on the mixer the way it should be.

If they came out with a 3 or 4-channel version, I'd order it in a heartbeat.

BTW, I've owned SSL, Torq, and Final Scratch 2 (though not a recent version of TS)…and SSL won ease of use hands-down when it was all just 2 decks. Now, everybody's abandoned the thru outputs on their soundcards, which makes everything harder.

I guess Torq would win now…except that there's no god damned reason for it to be knobs instead of switches. If you've never bumped one of them and had the control tone play through the speakers just loud enough for it to bug the crap out of you for half an hour, consider yourself lucky. Seriously…I expected better from Avid (who owned M-Audio when torq came out, just to save that argument). They obviously don't give a shit.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    I think I remember that you have to recalibrate every time you switch the deck back from a live input to a vinyl-controled track deck.
    TSP2 does it automatically and it only takes seconds.

Tech Mentor

Yeah but u have to get another cable. U don't in torq

Tech Mentor

He is using tsp not tsp2. With torq you don't have to have the latest hardware either it just comes standard.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast