TSP2 Sample Deck Output
    Tech Convert

Default TSP2 Sample Deck Output

Hey guys,

Sorry if this has been covered before but I didn't see anything addressing this specifically when I searched. My friend uses a sample deck in Serato that outputs to the l/r channels of both outputs so that no matter which channel is playing (using an external mixer), you hear the sample on left & right of that channel.

My question is, how can I do this using TSP2? I've got sample decks mapped to Decks 3 and 4 but in the output settings, I can only select one pair of outputs for each deck. Ideally I'd like to be able to just map deck 3 to both output 1 l/r and output 2 l/r but I'm not sure how to do it.

(FYI, I recently upgraded from Scratch Duo so I'm a newb at TSP2)
    Thanks!

Tech Guru

most 4 channel mixers have assign on the channel for a or b or leave in middle. if you leave it in the middle it will play on both channels. if you have a 2 channel mixer some have session in use that and it will play to both sides

I'm confused about the OP's terminology too, but I don't think that's what he means.

AFAIK, there's no way to have TSP2 output any channels over the master if you're using an external mixer. What mixer are you using?

Tech Convert

Sorry for the confusion. I'm using an external two channel mixer (Stanton sa-3).

Yeah…I don't think there's a way to do that. You can double-up so (for example) deck C plays along with Deck A and D plays with B. But you can't route sample decks to more than 1 output without some hokey shenanigans. I'm also not sure why you'd want to…that particular implementation for SSL always confused me.

If you have at least an Audio 6, you could run both of the sample decks in mono, route them to the 3rd output pair, use a DI box to take it down to mic level, and run it through the mic input on your sa-3, but realistically it might be time for a new mixer.