Traktor: Splitting stereo output to two mono outputs

Default Traktor: Splitting stereo output to two mono outputs

So, I was thinking about getting a four channel mixer for my home setup to be able to have track A/B/C/D routed externally. Deck C/D will be used mostly, I figure, as sample decks with one shots/a capellas and maybe an occasional drum/instruments loop. Problem being my ESI U46XL only have 3 RCA-outputs (+two monitor outputs, but these don't work as separate outputs in Traktor). Now, I was thinking of splitting deck C/D and setting the L-output on C/D to output 5/6, then having male/male RCA Y-cable from both of them into the mixer.

So, my questions being:
    Now, this would technically work right?
    Will this affect the overall sound quality a lot? Will I be able to have this setup at a larger venue without it sounding really sketchy?
    I will probably be getting a four channel sound card at one point or the other, but I'm terribly short on cash atm., so that will have to wait. Just want to see if it's worth buying a mixer or not...

It will work, but when you split the mono signal into two mono signals to plug into the L/R on each channel it will drop the gain so you would have to compensate with levels. There is a good chance the venue will be in mono anyway. I would still not do this and just get a better soundcard they aren't that expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    It will work, but when you split the mono signal into two mono signals to plug into the L/R on each channel it will drop the gain so you would have to compensate with levels. There is a good chance the venue will be in mono anyway. I would still not do this and just get a better soundcard they aren't that expensive.
    Yeah, it's a pretty temporary solution, how much gain do you loose approximately? Think I'm just gonna get the mixer anyways, just got a good deal on a DJM 800 from a club I gig at from time to time, but will stick to two decks on a club gig or two and earmark the money for a new sound card... Any tips on that front?