Possibly Buying Macbook Pro soon! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DJMM View Post
    Haha, I want to comment about you are moving to Istanbul as it is my hometown. Nightlife is great especially in Taksim. I hope you will have fun there man.
    Merhaba! Taksim was crazy busy. Didn't really see much of the night life whilst I was there but my girl knows some club owners & guys that run nights so should be epic. I've heard there's a big Trance scene! But thats not really my cup of tea.

Maybe I can Break some sense into them...
    Macbook Pro 2011, Pioneer DJM 750mk2, 2xTechnics SL-1200mk2, Dicers, Ortofon Concorde Scratch,
    Yamaha HS50M & HS10W, Sennheiser Amperior w/Custom Cans wrapped cable.
    Torq 2.0.3, Traktor 2.81 Rekordbox 5.2
    http://www.thankphat.com

Tech Mentor

Progressive House is big too, but as all around the world there is this dubstep craziness.

Quote Originally Posted by Will_D View Post
    I've heard there's a big Trance scene! But thats not really my cup of tea.

Maybe I can Break some sense into them...
    i see what you did there.

Quote Originally Posted by DJMM View Post
    Progressive House is big too
    Kinda the same thing…just slower and slightly less paddedly epic. If those are words.

Quote Originally Posted by Will_D View Post

Specifically the 15", 2.4ghz quadcore i7, 4gb 1333mhz ddr3 sdram, 750gb 7200rpm, Hi-res Antiglare.
    This is exactly what I got a couple of weeks ago, minus the upgraded hard drive. I figure I'll add in a ssd in the dvd drive eventually. ALso plan to up the ram to 8gb eventually...but noticed that it can handle up to 16gb...right now thats a bit pricey, so I might wait awhile and go crazy.

The only thing I'd upgrade through Apple is the display

Buy Kingston RAM if you want that upgrading (Lifetime Warranty)

BUY AppleCare! I'm a certified apple technician and one repair may cost you the price of AppleCare, You can buy it anytime within the first year

Like the others have said, SSD all the way!

Having said that, of the drive you get will be covered by AppleCare should it fail!

Just make sure you budget for an external hard drive backup option and do regular backups, Carbon Copy Cloner is my preferred choice, but Time Machine is good enough
    MacBook Pro 15" 2.0GHZ i7. Kontrol S4. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5. MidiFighter Classic. Aiaiai TMA-1.

Curious about apple care...what can an apple technician do for me that I couldn't do myself?

Wouldn't any damage or faulty parts be covered under the warranty? Other than that, I can't really figure out what I'd need it for?

Tech Wizard

I had a buddy asking the same question before, so I did this video review. I think it might address some of your questions.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0s2NkB8wuyI

And to keep mine safe, I have a speck see thru case, a case logic sleeve, and i ordered a moshi clear guard keyboard cover. All on my channel, and the moshi clear guard review should be up in a week or so. I hope this answered your question. I love my MBP for DJing, I find I have no problems and it all runs smoothly, and it gives me peace of mind, knowing it will be stable in the short term (gigs) and last long term (hopefully).
    Last edited by mfuchs19; 11-29-2011 at 10:47 PM.

Tech Wizard

And to keep mine safe, I have a speck see thru case, a case logic sleeve, and i ordered a moshi clear guard keyboard cover. All on my channel, and the moshi clear guard review should be up in a week or so. I hope this answered your question. I love my MBP for DJing, I find I have no problems and it all runs smoothly, and it gives me peace of mind, knowing it will be stable in the short term (gigs) and last long term (hopefully)

EDIT: Added this to my last post, but can't figure out how to delete this one.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpeshulEd View Post
    Curious about apple care...what can an apple technician do for me that I couldn't do myself?

Wouldn't any damage or faulty parts be covered under the warranty? Other than that, I can't really figure out what I'd need it for?
    After the first complementary year you NEED the next 2 years Apple Care.
    If your logic board goes bust or you have technical failure Apple will replace the stuff on the Applecare.

With out Apple Care you better have very good laptop insurance that covers general break down cus most does not cover for parts.

I wont gig with a Mac that isnt covered by Apple Care which is why i change my Mac every 3 years.

Apple care has saved my ass twice from a huge Logic Board bill.

Sounds goog guys, thanks for all the feedback. I think i'm reading the things I was expecting to read.

Glad that it gives me a while to save up for the Apple care, tho what happens in the first year & you don't have apple care ? Are you still covered for parts under the warrenty ?

Thanks for the comments guys.
    Can't wait to get my hands on one of these Beasts...

Peace
    Macbook Pro 2011, Pioneer DJM 750mk2, 2xTechnics SL-1200mk2, Dicers, Ortofon Concorde Scratch,
    Yamaha HS50M & HS10W, Sennheiser Amperior w/Custom Cans wrapped cable.
    Torq 2.0.3, Traktor 2.81 Rekordbox 5.2
    http://www.thankphat.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast