Possibly Buying Macbook Pro soon! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Yeh your 12 month warranty covers you for any hardware failure
    MacBook Pro 15" 2.0GHZ i7. Kontrol S4. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5. MidiFighter Classic. Aiaiai TMA-1.

Default Possibly Buying Macbook Pro soon!

Hmm, good to know, thanks guys.
    nope.

Tech Convert

Merhaba! I'm in Adana myself, haven't really found much of a nightlife in this city but i'm still searching! Are you familiar with Adana?

Quote Originally Posted by Will_D View Post
    Glad that it gives me a while to save up for the Apple care, tho what happens in the first year & you don't have apple care ? Are you still covered for parts under the warrenty ?
    Yeah…AppleCare is basically the name for their extended warranty. The first year is free.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    I wont gig with a Mac that isnt covered by Apple Care which is why i change my Mac every 3 years.
    I actually did the same. It was a little earlier than 3 years for this one because there was just a processor bump and I had the money, so I figured "why not?"

Also…one more reason to get apple care. If the computer gets replaced under the normal warranty or AppleCare…the whole thing starts over. They don't do that for parts replacements, but if the whole laptop has to get replaced, your 3 years starts over again. I bought my first Mac in 2006. This summer was the second one I paid for thanks to an insurance claim and a warranty replacement (from the generation with so much thermal paste that it acted like a heater).

@psounds - No i've not heard of Adana. I only really saw Taksim, Levent & a couple of other places. Looking forward to finding some nightlife & DJing tho...

Nice to hear about the Applecare.

One Question remains so far... What do you guys do about there only being 2 usb ports ?

On my Dell i've got 6 & I generally use 4-5 !

What usb hubs do you guys use ? I don't want any issues with Usbs not getting enough power etc.

I'll be running - MPD24, Conectiv, Xponent, Laptop cooling pad, possibly a mouse.
    It'd be handy to also be able to plug in an External HDD.

Cheers & Thanks to you all that have commented thus far for the much useful info.

Peace
    Macbook Pro 2011, Pioneer DJM 750mk2, 2xTechnics SL-1200mk2, Dicers, Ortofon Concorde Scratch,
    Yamaha HS50M & HS10W, Sennheiser Amperior w/Custom Cans wrapped cable.
    Torq 2.0.3, Traktor 2.81 Rekordbox 5.2
    http://www.thankphat.com

Any powered hub. I use an un-powered 4-port hub when I spin, and it's perfectly fine to run a pair of X1s, a Maschine, and an LPD8…off an un-powered hub plugged into the low-power port (the one closer to the power plug on the laptop). The high-powered USB port runs my audio interface.

On my desk, I have a powered hub from Think Geek, but in reality I rarely use it since the vast majority of my stuff is firewire.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123