Oliosky's Setup.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default Oliosky's Setup.

Started djing properly in about 2002. Didn't take pictures of my stuff until probably 2004 or so. So here's the 1st photos i could find

2 Stanton Str8-90s, a tascam XS8 (rebadged Ecler Hak320), a pioneer efx500. prior to this I had a horrible peavy mixer and a stanton smx501 which shat itself rather quickly.

Then I bought a house and bought a bcd2000 which was my 1st foray into mixing with digital music.

This bcd was used for various software in various incarnations. Inclu8ding as a DVS soundcard and effect midi controller.

Started mucking about with ableton live in different forms

An ableton set video in the early stages http://www.stickam.com/viewMedia.do?mId=183970625

with serato

Got a little silly with incorporating ableton live samples and serato on 2 setups.

Ultimately ended up simplifying everything and going back to decks and real records (plus a bit of serato). As anyone who has gigged on a vaguely regular basis ends up doing. Less is more when you have to get in and out of a dark stinky dj booth with a minimum of fuss.

Serato set on video http://www.stickam.com/viewMedia.do?mId=181920071

Bit of serato and trigger finger video action with some funk http://www.stickam.com/viewMedia.do?mId=186399864 and dub and lofi shiz [ame="http://vimeo.com/8687772"]dubstep and dnb dj mix on Vimeo[/ame] in 2008 and 2009.

Simplified even more with traktor and midi

Went overseas for an extended period and properly simplified my shit even more. Down to an X1, a nanokontrol and a laptop.

Back home. Ended up sticking with traktor pro and midi only. Built a new stand for my gear out of recycled stuff.

And here we are.
    Last edited by oliosky; 11-28-2011 at 09:29 PM.

Going out on a whim, but are you a Kiwi mate? (shapeshifter poster has me thinking you are )

Us Kiwis love our Shapeshifter, no matter what music we prefer
    "Wow! I wanna be just like your friend! Thats honestly what i told my mom and dad when i was about 11 years old...i said when i grow up i wanna dj for rich people"

Best quote: "Less is more when you have to get in and out of a dark stinky dj"
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Zaniac View Post
    Going out on a whim, but are you a Kiwi mate? (shapeshifter poster has me thinking you are )

Us Kiwis love our Shapeshifter, no matter what music we prefer
    Australian. I do like shapeshifter though, despite being from the big western island.

Quote Originally Posted by smittten View Post
    Best quote: "Less is more when you have to get in and out of a dark stinky dj"
    Sounds like you speak from experience.

Tech Guru

I've realised I've had my Ecler nuo3 for a long time after looking at these photos. Always come up trumps despite some dubious house parties and other fairly loose evenings...

Tech Guru

been mucking about with my old nanokontrol to try and get some decent sample deck control going on.

(from the gear mod section dealio)
    been trying to find some sort of setup that will utilise the traktor sample decks in vaguely straight forward manner. So I pulled some knobs and fader caps off my nanokontrol and lpd8, taped down some well placed duct tape and went about modifying a few nanokontrol maps out there.

Once I was happy with things I attached the nanokontrol to a couple of steel L-brackets so the whole unit sits over the gain knobs on my mixer for easy access.

Not in the same league as some of your guyses mods on here but hey, I actually use the sample decks now, when it was just a pain in the ass before.

got a sample deck mapping?

Tech Guru

post new years eve setup

^^ good organization, good wire containment, nice and tidy overall. would view again.
    2013 Vancouver Red Bull Thre3style champ

FACEBOOK | TWITTER | SOUNDCLOUD | INSTAGRAM

Tech Mentor

Like the last pic with the lights , nice rave cave
    Numark mixtrack - Numark DJ IO Sound card - Akai lpd8 - Traktor pro 2 - Senheiser HD205

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast