Mixing... Country?

Default Mixing... Country?

So.. just out of curiosity and some trial and error myself.. does anyone ever mix country songs into their sets? I'm at college and plannin to play a party or few.. and was considering trying to find a way to drop a few good time country songs in there.. but have nooo idea how to do it correctly whatsoever.. anyone have any advice or experience with this? or maybe any other experiences with strange genre mixing?

Tech Mentor

I don't think you would have a long blend, probably just cut and drop.

hmm.. true, was hoping to be able to mix it somhow.. i just gotttaaa get some wagon wheel in here lol.. this song is alll the rage for some reason.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gX1EP6mG-E

Quote Originally Posted by Nikla View Post
    ...and was considering trying to find a way to drop a few good time country songs in there..
    I don't think Good and Country should ever be used in the same sentence.
    “Getting information off the Internet is like taking a drink from a fire hydrant." Mitchell Kapor
    Setup: TP2 - Vestax Typhoon - Korg NanoPad - Windows 7 x64 - Sony Vaio (Deceased) - Acer Aspire Timeline.
    House Parties - 2x12" Titan Audio PA's, 1xBehringer B1500D Sub

ean's echo freeze effect. search is your friend
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by Jester.NZ View Post
    ean's echo freeze effect. search is your friend
    this
    DJ'n since 02', Performing since 06', CD's - Timecode - Full Digital - Digital and External Hardware Experience

sebastiannz

strange genre mixing ftw...if you can pull it off. I'm a bit over 2-3 minute blends at the mo and trying to think of ways to spice up my mixing. I remember listening to a Miguel Migs set from yeeeeears ago (2001 or something) and he was doing old skool 10 second funky house blends. Really hard to do but sounds awesome. He wasn't mixing country though :P

I don't really recommend mixing electronic music, a) because its the wrong speed, b) because it will sound bad but I guess that is personal preference, cause I don't like country...

If you re going to attempt it though, you need to use ableton to warp the track into a solid rythm that you can mix, or aparently you can do it in torq, but I havn't used it since version 1.5, so not sure, it's just heresay from others.

Also if you are keen on it you should play some classic hard rock to keep the momentum, and maybe pull a full "z-trip" and mash some hip hop with it as well.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!