Turntable Assistence

Default Turntable Assistence

Ok i'm trying to expand my skill set and move from just a midi controller (Numark Mixtrack) to the S4 with turntables through scratch pro. Well every time i find a good set of tables to start with, they are hard to come by! I was gonna grab a pair of Numark TTX's but they aren't even selling them on their website anymore, and i don't want anything belt driven. If you can point me in the direction of a good pair of tables (that im not gonna pay 1300 for like technics) and a place to purchase. thanks!

craigs list

Tech Mentor

You can find some on craigslist, or ebay. Besides from technics, the next turntables that I would consider would be Vestax pdx2000, they make great turntables, and of course I've heard good and bad from TTX, but that could be with any turntable. Just make sure you check them out (pitch slider, platter fluctuating, tone arm...) before purchasing, when someone wants to get rid of something they tell you what you want to hear.

Any of the "Super OEM" turntables should be good enough (think Stanton STR-150). Also in the same vein are Numark TT-X's, TT-500's and anything pretty much by Vestax.

They may not be Technics, but they're not bad by any stretch of the imagination either. In saying that however, if you can find a second hand set of 1210's on eBay, craiglist etc, for a price within your budget then snap them up. They're built like tanks, and as long as they're properly looked after shouldn't cost you any more than the price of a couple of needles.
    TSP 2.6.1 | 2 x CDJ 2000 Nexus | 2 x Technics 1210 MK5 | Denon DNX-1600 | Behringer DDM4000 w/Infinium X1 | MBP | A&H Xone K2 | Akai APC 40 & MPK 25 | Novation Launchpad | Pioneer HDJ 2000 & 500 | Audio 8 DJ | Ableton Live 9

http://www.mixcloud.com/lineypirate/http://www.soundcloud.com/lineypirate/

If you can't find technics then Super OEM.

u could have tried to get some good black friday deals, too late now i guess
    Dj F.a.R.h.A.n
    hip hop, house, reggaeton, dancehall, afrobeats, and international.

Quote Originally Posted by farhanashraf View Post
    u could have tried to get some good black friday deals, too late now i guess
    To be fair, black friday or not, I think second-hand Technics still offer the best performance vs price
    iŽll quote you in 5 years and we both will have a good laugh while we are at this awsome dj battle on mars trying to finally beat the damned 1000 armed alien squid "dj squid master". his routines are sick!