Brand new
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brand new

Banned

Default Brand new

Hey what's up guys, I am brand new to making music and i have a couple of questions for a person just starting out.

As a spring board is piecing together loops from GarageBand to make a solid beat to play for people. I downloaded Dubturbo looks like this program is more advanced version of Garageband where you can actually to making the drum line and adding stuff.

For a person just starting out what are some good things to have? I.E Macbook which i have, what should be my next purchase turntables?

I've literally never heard of 'Dubturbo'.

What kind of music do you want to make? What techniques do you want to use? What are you going to use turntables for?
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Banned

DubTurbo is kinda like GarageBand to answer it quickly.

Great questions you have. I would like to Make Heavy drum and bass music, house/techno beats with some dark textures.

Now being new i don't understand what Techniques you are talking about, and turntables are something where i can scratch and mix music and change sound settings.

if you can expand more on the turntables and techniques that would be great!

I've never heard of durturbo either, but if usually a good step up from Garageband is Logic. It's fairly pricy but if you are in college/have an edu email you can probably find a academic version for A LOT less either online or in your campus bookstore.

I don't see how turntables would be really helpful. Usually producers (which I assume is what you're doing) buy a midi keyboard or a drum pad. Personally I have the MPK Mini, and I love it.

redacted.
    Last edited by mostapha; 11-30-2011 at 02:00 PM.

Tech Student

Ok i bought that program so shoot me i use that and garage band to make music, i didn't know that dub turbo was the magic word on getting banned, a person asking a simple question on how to make some music

Now you going to say I'm spammer again, or just ban me and have the last laugh
    Last edited by tekki; 12-03-2011 at 05:11 AM. Reason: Settle down, swearing is uncalled for.

@ jdsfa/narcassistic try logging back in with your other account i reversed the infraction (i think)
    Last edited by Jester; 11-30-2011 at 06:21 AM.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

LOL, I laughed so hard reading this thread so far. I was like how the heck did Mostapha spot a bot like that? Brilliant! And then I find out it really was a person, it just made my night.

Anyway back to your question Narcassistic - honestly if you're just doing production work, whichever DAW you want to use (I am assuming Dubturbo is the one you chose, I have no idea what it is nor do I want to really look it up), and maybe a simple midi controller to work on your music with, such as an MPK Mini (http://www.guitarcenter.com/Akai-Pro...69-i1629984.gc).

Your best friend in this journey will be YouTube and patience. You have to read for hours upon hours upon hours to understand it, and then after that you have to practice for hours upon hours upon hours.

Anyway welcome to the forums, I don't think any feelings were meant to be hurt by Jester or Mostapha as I know they are continually contributing as and how they can wherever they see fit. We just sometimes get random ass bots that show up on the forums and spam shit.

I love you guys.
    “Getting information off the Internet is like taking a drink from a fire hydrant." Mitchell Kapor
    Setup: TP2 - Vestax Typhoon - Korg NanoPad - Windows 7 x64 - Sony Vaio (Deceased) - Acer Aspire Timeline.
    House Parties - 2x12" Titan Audio PA's, 1xBehringer B1500D Sub

Best thread EVER!
    In before this gets out of hand
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast