Creating loops in ableton live
    Tech Guru

Default Creating loops in ableton live

I am more or less looking for everyones opinions on this, there are multiple ways of doing it and I want to try out a few and see which one works best for me before I start an extensive library.

I will be using these loops for mostly mashups.

The ways of creating loops or one shots that I have been using include the following.

1)Splitting tracks and saving in my library.
    2)Setting start and end markers to points in the track and then setting loop brace.
    3)I have heard that people split tracks and then export as a wave the split section, this would be similar to traktor's style of automatically saving loops.
    4)Set loop brace and save song file.

The problem that I am finding with splitting tracks and dragging back into my library to save is that the remaining parts of the tracks are still visible in the waveform window which really bothers me for some reason.

Am I going about this wrong?
    What do you suggest?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rukks View Post
    The problem that I am finding with splitting tracks and dragging back into my library to save is that the remaining parts of the tracks are still visible in the waveform window which really bothers me for some reason.
    If this is your problem, well, I guess you have to re-export them? I used to save loops and drag them back to the library, seemed like the most effortless way to do it. Or maybe just zoom in the waveform so you only see the loop?

Tech Guru

Thanks for the info...so I can set up multiple loops in the same song and save as a different name in the ableton library? Will both files containing loops have issues due to pulling from the same root song file?

If you're gonna be using lots of clips I would set your loop, record it, then export it...

Then just re-import the loop - it will saves loads of time loading / memory / cpu blah blah...
    SC | MC