Smithson Martin announce KS-1974 multi-touch Kontrol Surface
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Default Smithson Martin announce KS-1974 multi-touch Kontrol Surface

http://futuremusic.com/blog/2011/11/...ntrol-surface/

THIS WILL BE THE ONLY THREAD ON THIS!!!
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

woah, nice, especially this: "Emulator Modular includes a complete set of objects so you can completely custom design your own multi-touch interface with buttons, sliders, circular knobs, jog wheels and even your own custom graphics." haha nice!

hehe was just trolling around!

but this thing really looks good. i kinda like the retro design they gave it.
    pricing? i´d say $2000 maybe more
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Schreiberie Meister Afterhour Ali's Avatar

This is a joke? Who'd want to have such a thing without any tactile control at all?
    DJDiscourse.com — the new DJ community

I often wonder how companies gauge the marketplace before releasing a product. This will bomb, i'm sure of it. No tactile control, and nothing 2 ipads couldn't do anyway, other than lose a couple of inches (plus the ipads are far more versatile as well, and will receive far more frequent hardware updates)

I pegged it as a joke, but their website has a buy now link and everything. strange.

I think I would find it hard not having anything to "grab" onto. Would just end up hitting every "button" on that thing.
    Soundcloud - Check it out

Macbook Pro 13" - Numark Mixtrack Pro - MidiFighter

i also don't like the ergonomic and usability of such multitouch-things.
    but i think such products will have enough marketspace to exist, for instance the show-effect for some sort of bigger and commercial festivals on the stage or something like this.

i can't imagine how a real artist or dj would WANT to use this thing or have one when he can have real equipment to put his fingers on, "feel it" and control it with far more accuracy ^^

Tech Mentor

But who is going to carry this to a gig? Its hard enough carrying gear now, if you have controllers. I just wish more companies would work with current working DJs with experience and play multiple venues, to know what DJs really need and use. This thing is going to be a Rich Man toy, a novelty item.
    MBP i5 13", NI Z2, 2x NI X1, 2x NI F1s, NI Audio 8, A&H K2, Rane 2016, 2x 1210MK2e, 2x CDJ-400s, RMX-1000, NI S8, MBA 11"

Quote Originally Posted by deejaysoul View Post
    But who is going to carry this to a gig?
    maybe people which have no problems with carrying big mouse-head-helmets or build up daft punk pyramids and things like this. would make no big impact on a tiesto stage with all this fire and laz0rs and so on ^^

and yes of course, no REAL artist will need this ;o) but i think you can make a little bit of money out of it on these too-big & commercial festivals ^^ (or in some snobby-high-class-vip-club where no normal person gets past the security because they cant afford the clothing of the requested brands ;D)

Quote Originally Posted by racoon View Post
    i also don't like the ergonomic and usability of such multitouch-things.
    but i think such products will have enough marketspace to exist, for instance the show-effect for some sort of bigger and commercial festivals on the stage or something like this.

i can't imagine how a real artist or dj would WANT to use this thing or have one when he can have real equipment to put his fingers on, "feel it" and control it with far more accuracy ^^
    you're actually right. a look at their twitter feed shows marc romboy received one of their emulator units. obviously he's a big enough name to specify his stage setup and make the emulator a bit of a showpiece.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast