Traktor mappers noticed these changes?

Default Traktor mappers noticed these changes?

So my time consuming monster maps for my toy controllers have required some tweaking to work on a laptop I've set up for my 50" plasma in the living room. It's running TPS2.1 vs. Pro S4 the laptop I used during my mapping sessions. I've noticed quite a few changes in tsp2 that bother me a bit.

No Slot Scratch in TP2.

Slot filter still there but hidden on internal mixer views.

Jog touch/turn replacing scratch on.

I'm kind of inclined to go back to pro s4 as I though slot scratch could prove as a fun and useful tool.

Seems like NI is "defending" their turf a bit as they do with Maschine. I'd hate to see the day newer versions of Traktor only work well with NI controllers. They could really limit potential of other brands controllers if they continue in this fashion of making users re-map with every version upgrade.

Add all the features you want, don't take things away! Is what I'm trying to say I guess.

Also slot play/triggers act much different than they did on Pro S4. Anyone care to explain secondary play?

Tech Guru

I have run into a couple of these issues (jog touch/turn). My understanding is they made these changes to accommodate the new S2.

But yeah its quite annoying to have to fix your mappings every version. For this reason I am still stuck on 2.0.3 since the 2.1.X versions have their own issues.

so the lack of Filter display on sample decks was resolution related. looks like I'll be downgrading to 2.01 to retain slot scratch.