Patech's set up
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Patech's set up

Tech Wizard

Default Patech's set up

Here is the latest update on my set up. My DJing rig has 2 Traktor Scratch Pros on 2 Dell e6400 laptops, 2 Technics MK5 turntables w/Ortofon needles, Allen & Heath Xone 4D, Ecler Nuo 2.0 w/innofader, Native Instruments Maschine MK1, Korg Nanokontrol, Native Instruments Audio 6 & Audio 2 soundcard, Samson Media ONE 3a monitors, Fender PA system, Acorn Masterkey61 keyboard, Audio Technica ATH-M50 headphones, Behringer DC-1 & LC-1. I also use most of my controllers to produce on ableton and Maschine with my HP desktop PC.

Last edited by Patech; 02-10-2013 at 02:46 PM.

Tech Wizard

I first learned to DJ on Technics 1200 mk2s and a Stanton rm80 mixer on my Fender PA system. My best friend lent me his set up along with his crate with some good trance records when he got kick out of his house in 2002. I had them for about a year before they went back to my friend but with the time I spent with them I learned about phrases and how to beatmatch by ear. In 2004 I purchased my very first setup on ebay, I got 2 Technics 1200 mk2s and a Behringer djx700 4 channel mixer and began my search for records to build my own crate. In 2006 I picked up a Pioneer CDJ 200 and started DJing at raves for Neosapiens.

Last edited by Patech; 02-10-2013 at 06:00 AM.

Tech Wizard

In 2007 Money got tight so I had to sell my decks but a few months later I decided that vinyl was too expensive and that digital was the way to go so I picked up a Pioneer CMX 3000 dual cdj and an Apple Powerbook g4. 2008 is when I started messing around with some free trial DJ software and becoming more open with different ways of mixing. Then my laptop got stolen at a gig... a word of advice, don't drink too much when you DJ. So I replaced it with a refurbished IMac g5 but that piece of crap didn't last 6 months. While it was working I picked up a Korg Kontrol49 on Craigslist to start learning how to produce on reason.

Last edited by Patech; 02-10-2013 at 06:23 AM.

Tech Wizard

I got sick of the CMX 3000s so I sold them and my mixer. Then decided to dive into Traktor, so I got an Akai APC40 and a Native Instruments Audio 2 soundcard and Samson Media ONE 3a monitors. Then I discovered the "APC 80" so I picked up an Akai APC 20 so I could do 4 deck mixing with Traktor.

Last edited by Patech; 02-10-2013 at 02:20 PM.

Tech Wizard

Here we are a few months later and I've added a Dell laptop with the bare minimum specs to run traktor or maschine on windows xp. (It runs PRIME!) In 2011 I picked up a Native Instruments Maschine and Audio Technica ath m50 headphones for production but ended up using it for Traktor more.

Last edited by Patech; 02-10-2013 at 02:21 PM.

Tech Wizard

I decided to get the Vestax VCM-600 and sell the APCs because I didn't like the APC80 layout as much and wanted a more solid mixer section. Then I traded my Korg Kontrol49 for an Akai MPD32. Then I replaced the Korg keyboard with an Acorn Masterkey61. A couple months later I got a Native Instruments Audio 10, an Ipad 2 and and i/o dock to use touch osc and other apps.

Last edited by Patech; 02-10-2013 at 06:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Patech View Post
    Here we are few months later and I've added a Dell laptop with the bare minimum specs to run traktor or maschine on windows xp. (It runs PRIME!)
    That's how you do it! I always get a little confused when people spend huge amounts of money on a powerful laptop and then just use it for traktor.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post
    That's how you do it! I always get a little confused when people spend huge amounts of money on a powerful laptop and then just use it for traktor.
    ^^Agreed^^
    :: Kontrol Z2 :: :: Technics 1200 :: :: Pioneer DJM 250 :: Kontrol X1 MkII :: :: Maschine :: :: Kontrol S4 ::

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post
    Absolutely. I can understand if someone who's into gaming or video editing would get a high power laptop, but if the most powerful program running on their system is traktor, a $600 or a base macbook will do the job just fine. Save money for more gear .

Tech Wizard

$600 is a lot of cash to me... I didnt realize that a new laptop cost that much, just to run traktor. I picked up a lightly used $200 4 year old laptop that runs traktor better than some macs on this forum. LoL
    Last edited by Patech; 02-10-2013 at 06:28 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast