9:45PM - 10:45PM Brett Ballou
    8:30PM - 9:45PM Big Cee & Slick Dada
    7:00PM - 8:30PM Wobs, Nonfiction & Josh Billings

http://www.how-sweet.com/

NOS Events Center in San Bernardino, CA
    Last edited by mtvstinks; 03-19-2009 at 04:40 PM. Reason: location

sh*t thats a pretty sweet gig
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Kaon, none of that has to do with drum and bass.

MTV are you a promoter for the event?
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Thats a traditional Cali massive for you eyyy...always getting some sweet ass line ups....but raves just aint what they used to be anymore...all the little kids just go there for the drugs and not the love...

Quote Originally Posted by Epedemic View Post
    Thats a traditional Cali massive for you eyyy...always getting some sweet ass line ups....but raves just aint what they used to be anymore...all the little kids just go there for the drugs and not the love...
    care to elaborate?
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Kaon, none of that has to do with drum and bass.

I first got into the rave scene when i was 13...that was 10 years ago...but raves back then were a bit different...ppl actually went to enjoy the good music and the good vibes...ppl you didnt know would come up and just hug you and give you props on your dancing...and thats the thing ppl actually danced back then...now you go to massive raves and you just see a bunch of ppl on the floor cus their tripping balls on E...and in a few massives I went to in the past couple of years someone always ended up getting stabbed...its just like what happened to the good vibes and ppl spreading the love??...

Ill tell you what killed the rave/party scene, atleast here in L.A.

Its this hipster scene, if you look at there flyers they put there going to sell NoS, weed & E at there house parties but they want to be looked as legit when they have clubs night or massives. They've killed the dj scene too, just cuz they have a huge collection of blog mp3s and a cracked version of Traktor or Virtual DJ or they just download Serato and use the box provided at the event. Sad but true, that why I have my events @ small dive bar in l.a.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

its just like what happened to the good vibes and ppl spreading the love??...
    Everyone got bad E's .

I first got into the rave scene when i was 13...that was 10 years ago...but raves back then were a bit different...ppl actually went to enjoy the good music and the good vibes...ppl you didnt know would come up and just hug you and give you props on your dancing...and thats the thing ppl actually danced back then...now you go to massive raves and you just see a bunch of ppl on the floor cus their tripping balls on E...and in a few massives I went to in the past couple of years someone always ended up getting stabbed...its just like what happened to the good vibes and ppl spreading the love??...
    VERY true, very sad.

I have not been out in about 3yrs now. The times I did go back it was heart-breaking. It was like a sad knock-off, mass marketed, mass produced imitation. No love, no vibes.

I met my wife at a massive and I look back to those times (which was only in 2000 mind you) and look at it now....its a joke. I reminisce with her on how it really was ONE tribe back then. You had beat chasers, trainspotters, "funkdafied freaks & super blooming beats". It WAS a vibe and it was something you could see and feel because the people there were there for the music and thus there was a form of unity.

You ask somebody now who is spinning and they dont know, nor do they care (if they are coherent enough to speak to you). The unity was such an awesome aspect, it was like you could look at the guy or girl next to you and you both were on the same level (the level the music was taking you to). I remember all the smiles and the freedom this scene offered. Freedom to walk up to anybody with your guard down and become friends (if only for that moment). People who "wouldn't dare" associate or speak to others outside their comfort zones in any other situation.

Was it the drugs and their influence…it probably had an impact. I’d like to believe it was MUCH more than that though. As sappy and as fake as it may have been, I rather liked that temporary utopia and at times it was the “realest” sanctuary for many, including myself.

Im sure it’s not ALL like that and I am reminded that although certain plant life looks dead from up above…its true activity and rebirth happens ‘underground’. However, long live the RAVE.

"chillin by myself in the corner at the shelter and Im not dancing no more...why? How on earth are you supposed to vibe around the fake ones. The ones who say they know what is what but they dont know what is what...they just strut. what the fuck?!"

Parties are starting to trend towards 18+ events because in all honesty, the cuts in public education are breeding ignorant, self destructive, arrogant teens that really have no respect for the music or the vibe. Now that I'm sober, i see the countless teens at raves that aren't there for the music; they are there to sit in a fucking E puddle without a damned clue as to what's going on. Don't get me wrong, i have nothing against E, but to abuse it to the point of incoherence completely defeats the purpose. More and more venues are closing their doors to promoters and more and more parties are being pushed out towards the desert and San Bernardino. Mind you, these are the same venues that have been hosting raves for over 15 years, so it obviously isn't because of bad business with Insomniac or any other established company; it's because of the current audience draw- a bunch of swanky ass, over glorified SCENE KIDS, who don't give a rats ass about the music. The only part of the LA scene that has not changed for the worse because of the recent influx of retards, is the drum n bass scene. Mostly because we honestly just won't put up with it. LA Junglist fo laif!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast