Skrillex nominated for best new artist grammy. - Page 3
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post
    Better than deadmau5, at least Skrillex seems to be polite.
    x2
    now we have seen deadmau5 explode numerous times, but when he played in new orleans at the voodoo experience festival, he stayed for an hour after he closed the festival on sunday signing autographs and taking pictures with fans.
    behind his anger and quick temper he is a nice person that likes his fans. (i was there up front talking to him)

saw skrillex in new orleans when he played at a huge venue called the sugar mill. really nice guy that interacted with his fans and put on a good show. He played till 5am at the after party. again nice guy.

despite how much we can't stand the people who like stuff thats so mainstream or followers its not deadmau5's or skrillex's fault people have hard dicks lsitening to their music.
    Beatslicing for the bitches

Quote Originally Posted by 3IJ View Post
    Don't know if you linked that video for Skrillex or the genre but the track is Mord Fustang's "A new wolrd", it's not Skrillex's.

Anyway : He is a good producer, a shitty "DJ" (we can't even give him that "title")
    But going mainstream will only influence his tracks the wrong way, and his popularity will grow even more, and thus we are going to have thousands of guys trying to have the same style.
    I really enjoy some of his tracks (YEESSS OOOOOH MYYYY GOOOSHHHH drop became epic imo, but that's enough, I don't need anyone else.

Skrillex is just really good at the overall music business I believe and does what he has to do to make it. He makes tracks everyone loves, but he pushed himself farther to become the performer he is today. His stage presence and actions are part of his character and what so many people love about him, because he is pretty unique and fun. Good job for him on the nomination.

and wowww that cereal commercial.....

Quote Originally Posted by dope View Post
    Don't know if you linked that video for Skrillex or the genre but the track is Mord Fustang's "A new wolrd", it's not Skrillex's.
    yeah was referring to genre

Love or hate him, I'm glad he's getting the recognition he deserves from the general media. He's pioneered Dubstep into the American "mainstream" and that's a fucking feat in and of itself. He didn't start it, but he took it to new heights.

I like most of his stuff, but it gets old fast for me. The more I learn about the guy, the more respect I have for him.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post
    Better than deadmau5, at least Skrillex seems to be polite.
    Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    Yeah, why not. EDM means fuck all anyway. EDM is a descriptive word for people who don't understand anything about the subject, like 'modern art' or 'foreigner'.
    Yeah, I guess that makes sense. I just picture it as Arnold Schwarzenegger being the President of the US...

Generalization at its best, I guess. More power to the guy.
    The MUSIC is what matters!
    Everything else is _________

he needs to start writing tunes with a different bass patch. once he shows me he can be creative in the studio i'll start giving him some recognition.
    Enver 'RedEyz' Pletilic

Managing Director / Label Manager

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Chamix View Post
    He must be bigger in the state than in the UK. Ive heard he makes loads of mistakes whilst performing his sets?
    How do you make loads of mistakes by just hitting the Play button?
    -- 2 x Technics SL-1200, Numark DM950, Audio DJ 8, Dell Pentium M @1.4Ghz w/ 2G RAM, TSP 2
    -- Traktor Kontrol S4, Midifighter, Edirol PCR-1, Yamaha SU-10, Korg nanoKONTROL, Novation Launchpad, IBM ThinkPad Core-i3 @2.2Ghz w/ 4G RAM, TSP 2

Quote Originally Posted by echo.ranger View Post
    How do you make loads of mistakes by just hitting the Play button?
    Haha, what I was going to say. People give Skrillex flak for not being able to DJ, because we expect people who produce EDM to DJ when we see them "live". But when people hear he uses Ableton they sort of expect more than just pushing play and some dramatic knob twisting, chain smoking, stage diving and fist pumping.

So if he was to up his game and actually attempt to "mix", instead of stopping the song and getting in the mic and screaming at everyone, then he would have a lot more respect from me.
    BCF 2000
    Traktor Pro 2
    Kontrol X1

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

[In the absence of a certain member]

Who or what is a Skrillex.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast