How to properly make a Serato control CD?
    Tech Wizard

Default How to properly make a Serato control CD?

What's the proper way to go about burning one of these from the acquired file from Serato? I don't have the recommended Sony CD Architect program. I want it so that when the CD reaches it's end playtime, it'll automatically shift from relative to internal.

buy a pair cd TC or find a buddy with a PC and download the demo of CD_A
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Yeah the CD Architect is really a must to make your own copy of the original disc. I know some guys are looping the signal for 80 minutes with success.

Tech Mentor

what is so special about making copies of serato timecode? I just copied my control discs so I could keep the originals pristine. should I have downloaded something instead? why?

Tech Wizard

The control CD file you download from Serato's site has two files, one is the main track 1 control signal in wav format. The other file is for the track 2 scroll signal, but you need Sony CD Architect to burn and work correctly. If you don't care about the scroll signal, then you can just burn the main control wav file with any burning program.

Yes some people also just loop the wav signal a few times to make it 60-80 minutes long, that way they don't have to keep restarting the track on the CD. Obviously this only works in Relative mode though.

Tech Wizard

How do I loop the track before burning it?

Tech Mentor

the scroll feature worked fine on my copy. what I found out but have not tested yet is that at the end of track1 it automatically changes to internal mode.
    this makes sense, if I start a 30 minute track and walk away, what happens in 15 minutes? I have to test both the original disc and my copy and see what they do at the end of track one.

Tech Student

Here is the link to the 75 minute control tone I use this all the time with zero issues.
    http://www.djmikewest.net/seratosignal.cfm

Tech Guru

thanks!!
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

im still wondering myself why serato doesnt just release a ISO of the CD. its a pain in the butt for us mac users.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |