ddj t1 platter issues... suggest mixer for backspins?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default ddj t1 platter issues... suggest mixer for backspins?

Hey guys so at this moment i have both the s4 and ddj t1 in my room..
    i basically started off with the s4 and was very dissatisfied with the fact that i could not perform backspins as i love doing them when i mix. just now i grabbed the t1 and am playing with it as we speak.

to be honest, it feels like the t1 has such a cheap build...i didnt believe it when i read threads and im not being picky about plastic buttons or anything but the #1 reason i got the t1 was because i heard that it had the best cdj immitation.. and although these platters are mapped very well, they seem cheap...

the spinbacks are great on the t1 but i've already ran into issues with the right platter:
    sometimes when i backspin really hard, the track goes into vinyl mode for only a few seconds then continues playing while the platter is still spinning (sometimes after the backspin, the sound cuts or even worse you hear some fked up noises that would definitely blow a legit PA system.)

2 minutes out of the box and im already having issues with the hardware (or software, not sure) and am very concerned. im also really concerned with the integration in traktor pro 2 and ddj t1. i basically just plugged in my t1 and started mixing, i didnt even download the driver or install anything.. (im using lion)

the t1 has a transferable cdj feel (i may buy cdjs in the future not sure), BACKSPINS!!!, access to all 8 cue points
    the s4 provides awesome integration and has a good rubbery feel. but it cant backspin and thats kind of a big deal for me..

i'm now considering other options since im at a loss for these 2..
    can anyone suggestion an all in one mixer that:
    -uses traktor
    -allows for some good backspinning
    -is REALIABLE

Traktors platter suppport is pretty crap overall (except on the s4/2), unless crazy effects and MIDI is really important to you, you might want to take a peek at Itch and the likes of Numark's NS6
    iŽll quote you in 5 years and we both will have a good laugh while we are at this awsome dj battle on mars trying to finally beat the damned 1000 armed alien squid "dj squid master". his routines are sick!

the vci-100mkII and the vci-400 both have adjustable jog wheels that are capable of a nice backspin. they're super convenient because you can dial in your backspins perfectly by setting it to just the right amount of resistance.

the cdj2000 also has a similar mechanism, if your into that type of thing.

i personally love my vci100 (mkI) for backspins. got my jogs loosened up just perfectly

thanks for the reply everyone.. because im more into beat gridding and keeping my tunes organized, im after traktor in that sense..
    iver never tried serato but am a bit reluctant to change...

im not too familiar with vestax products so i will have a look for sure..
    their controllers seem very cheap compared to their competitors!

i see many different contorllers in the vci series. can you comment on why you recommended the 2 you did?

like i said, im after traktor, reliability, backspinning and cue points

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by jngggggggg View Post
    thanks for the reply everyone.. because im more into beat gridding and keeping my tunes organized, im after traktor in that sense..
    iver never tried serato but am a bit reluctant to change...

im not too familiar with vestax products so i will have a look for sure..
    their controllers seem very cheap compared to their competitors!

i see many different contorllers in the vci series. can you comment on why you recommended the 2 you did?

like i said, im after traktor, reliability, backspinning and cue points
    well the VCI-400 is supposed to be build like a tank, ( much like the VCI-100)

the 400 also has a a perfect set of controls, for beat juggling/cue points

just did some research on vestax units and noticed the upcoming release of the vci400..
    looks like a great product but from what i gather, they all pretty much use the same jogs..

i can see that you can adjust the jog resistance but does that automatically mean backspins sound close to vinyls? (ie fast at first, then gradually slows down).. ---the sound imitated by taking your cursor in the software and pulling back on the waveform.

Tech Mentor

some controllers have a scratch/vinyl button, so maybe you need a controller with one.

You CAN backspin with the S4. Put your fingers on it and spin it around...it's not difficult.

Default ddj t1 platter issues... suggest mixer for backspins?

He means backspin transitions

Tech Guru

I dont understand the problem you are having with backspins as they are very simple. And even somthing like the hercules rmx can perform them. Maybe learn to do them on a turntable with vinyl then move onto a controller, ul have to use force but not too much else the needle will skip

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast