Allen and Heath 4D with Traktor Pro

Default Allen and Heath 4D with Traktor Pro

Hi all,

I have just got the A+H 4D and Traktor Pro and am having some difficulty with mapping issues.

Can you give me any advice?

Also with regards to traktor pro:

1) do you keep all your mp3's on the macbook or on a external HDD?

2) have you had any sync-ing problems?

Sorry for all the questions, cheers

sam

You need to be more descriptive about the progrlams with mapping your having.

However i can recommend a couple things - 1 read the manual, then read it again, read it on the loo, read it when your going to sleep, read it inbetween mixes - read it until you know it like the back of your hand

Second read the traktor visual midi reference guide that can be found here - http://www.traktorbible.com/pages/midiguide.en.html - read it once, then read it again, read it on the loo, read it when your going to sleep, read it inbtween mixes - read it until you know it like the back of your hand !

1) No - i have a big enough internal hard drive to fit my toons on my mixes so i dont have yet another device i have to carry around and take up a precious usb port.

2) No - your probably having these issues because you havent read the manual -
    also to learn to sync properly watch this video -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAW8X9RSt7A

Tech Mentor

Check Google, Allen & Heath site and the Native Instruments Forums, I guessing you should be able to find something. I'm sure there is people on here with them though.

I found this doing a quick search in Google, http://www.allenheath.com/xone/forum...?TID=2929&PN=1

I keep my mp3's for djing on the computer and everything else on external hdd's, so I can pull tracks off them and add them to my djing collection as needed. Personal preference really, but a computer/laptop is less likely to die than an external hard drive, not to say I don't backup my djing folder back onto the externals. It's quicker to load straight from an 80gb computer hdd than to have to make it work through a 1Tb external.

And if you have a 3.5" external it will take up a extra one of those precious power sockets!

If you beatgrid and set your cues right you shouldn't have any syncing problems. Ean has done a video or two on this.
    Macbook 2Ghz, 4Gb Ram, Presonus Firebox, X-Session Pro, Behringer BCR2000, Technics RPDJ-1200's.

Tech Mentor

Yea, I was going to mention the Traktor Bible. RTBM advice goes a long way.
    Macbook 2Ghz, 4Gb Ram, Presonus Firebox, X-Session Pro, Behringer BCR2000, Technics RPDJ-1200's.

Cheers guys,

I'll sit down with it all this weekend and give it a go...I can see the great potential of all this kit, I just hope I can get it all out!!!

Sam

Tech Mentor

You have a great piece of hardware, one of the best in fact. It's all about learning and the better informed your questions are the better feedback you will get. Also check out Rictchie Hawtin's use of the Allen and Heath controllers on youtube.