DUBBSTEPP Track selection!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default DUBBSTEPP Track selection!

Hey Guys,

I have a gig this Saturday and I was just informed that the venue would prefer me playing dubstep, so I am going to oblige being the nice guy I am. I usually don't spin dubstep, nor do I listen to it much (if its on I will listen to it though and I do enjoy it), so for my gig I need help with like the crazy bangers! So I would appreciate it if those of you who are more versed in this genre to help me by giving me some advice on tracks that will just make the place go crazy!

Thanks!

I'm sure their is a thread on this somewhere mate, it's packed full of suggestions
    MacBook Pro 15" 2.0GHZ i7. Kontrol S4. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5. MidiFighter Classic. Aiaiai TMA-1.

MacBook Pro 15" 2.0GHZ i7. Kontrol S4. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5. MidiFighter Classic. Aiaiai TMA-1.

I should've used the search function first, please excuse me I haven't eaten or slept in 30+ hours. Cracked out on adderall for finals coming up, super shitty. Anyway I remember going through a few threads like that, but i'm just looking for straight bangers. Like stuff that when it comes on the place just goes nuts! That thread has suggestions, but its just dubstep in general too, like I said jus looking for straight bangers.

Thank you though for the link , going to go check it out most of those tracks right now!

Juno Download have bestseller charts and 'classics' which'll probably be full of bangers. Dubstepforums will likely have loads of good info too...
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

I still don't get why people agree to play gigs where the style they're expected to play ain't theirs ...
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Ohms View Post
    I still don't get why people agree to play gigs where the style they're expected to play ain't theirs ...
    Cause it's for a friend, and I do play dubstep from time to time, but I just dabble in it. I truly enjoy playing what sounds good to me.

@Ohms... Nor do I generally, however if you like the music and take the opportunity to immerse yourself in it with an eye to playing it in the future, and are confident you can get a handle on it in a short space of time, I can see the benefit. Buying a load of music that you don't really like and aren't going to play again, less so.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Taking a shot in the dark here but I'm guessing the kind of dubstep your friend is expecting you to play is the more aggressive, mid-range stuff which I don't really listen to but some bangers/'classics' I can think of off the top of my head are:

Excision & Datsik - Swagga
    Excision & Downlink - Existence VIP
    Skrillex - Scary Monsters & Nice Sprites
    Skrillex - Ruffneck-Flex
    Bassnectar - Bass Head
    Emalkay - Fabrication
    Flux Pavilion - Bass Cannon
    Doctor P - Big Boss
    Nero - Guilt
    Downlink - Deep Space
    Rusko - Woo Boost

where's the gig?