S4 and waranty voiding - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

why do you bother so much about other peoples money? if some ppl think they need the mod, they know they will void the warranty. and they're probably aware of the risk.

if you dont need this mod or you just dont want to void your warranty, it's cool, but i don't understand why you rack our brain over this..
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

What part of this:

And this:

is ambiguous. No matter what your age the message is clear. There is no wiggle room here.

I simply do not get this thread at all.

couldn't you just heat the glue of the sticker with a hair dryer or steamer, then replace the sticker when your done? If your going to replace the fader anyway, it's worth a try...
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Its a pretty gnarly sticker dude. I think it would be noticeable as it would not stick back perfectly . I tried getting mine off and its stuck with super-glue or some such stuff.

Worth a try before you just stick a screw-driver through it though.

The point he's trying to make is that it is a lot more serious to void the warranty on something that has NO PARTS AVAILABLE TO THE PUBLIC.

My DJM500 is well out of warranty, but when I dropped my bag on it and broke a fader earlier in the year it was no hassle to order a spare on ebay and replace it. This isn't possible with the S4 [and, i assume all NI hardware?]. That's a pretty important point to have clear before you start messing with your stuff.
    Mixes: www.mixcloud.com/djalexwild/
    Production: www.soundcloud.com/alexwild
    DJM500 : X1 : MBP 15" 2.53 GHz 4 GB RAM : HD25SP : MASCHINE

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Wild View Post
    The point he's trying to make is that it is a lot more serious to void the warranty on something that has NO PARTS AVAILABLE TO THE PUBLIC.
    ...and i would agree with that. It is very serious if you break your S4 with no warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by JSM View Post
    I've just had an interesting email from NI in answer to my question ... and they do not sell spares or even hold stock of them.
    This is not wholly true.

No they do not sell spares but, they do have a repair system in place should you break something under warranty. They do have spare parts but they only fit them under warranty.

So... the thread is worthwhile?
    Mixes: www.mixcloud.com/djalexwild/
    Production: www.soundcloud.com/alexwild
    DJM500 : X1 : MBP 15" 2.53 GHz 4 GB RAM : HD25SP : MASCHINE

Chaps, I have been reading this thread with interest but feel that any comments I make will lead to a discussion that will become progressively more heated. If JSM would like to share the NI e-mail in it's entirety, I will consider talking to the DJTT editorial team about including it, or a link to it in the original article.
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Wild View Post
    So... the thread is worthwhile?
    Not really because you dont get repairs without a warranty if you broke it. Thats a given. Everyone knows this if they read their warranty.

The Manual for every piece of NI hardware states:

"hardware contains no user-serviceable parts."

It must be sent back to NI for repair with the Sticker which is is technically called the "Name Plate" intact.

The same sticker exists on:
    S4
    Maschine
    Audio 8
    X1
    (and i guess everything else)

If you tamper with that sticker they wont repair it.
    NI will repair items after the Warranty has "run out" but not if it has opened up and all those stickers are placed so that you cannot open it up unless you tamper with the sticker.

Tech Mentor

The OP's got some odd obsession with this. Anyone not completely void of grey matter understands that they're on their own when modifying a product, no matter what it is. Its very odd that you think Innofader should take the responsiblity for something you choose to do yourself of your own free will. What kind of world would this be if K&N had to repair my car because I improperly installed their cold air intake? A world without aftermarket products I suppose. Leave the modding to those who are willing to take the risk and stop loosing sleep over what people do with their own property.
    More whining with some mild insinuation of Elliot being some kind of con man who lives off the tears of children with broken S4's here...
    http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34506

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast