Beats by Dre Pro (White) - £125??? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

For what it's worth 9/10 DJs I see wearing them looked like douchebags. Even for that price not worth it.

definately a no go. HD-25's or TMA-1's fo sho

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

£125 for knockoffs ? ... get something decent, almost enough said.

1. The Knockoff Pro's are less than $40 for decent ones in Asia and around 30 bucks for Dre studio's with Control Talk.

2. I have a set of Knockoff Beats Tours for Ipodding ($8) they sound great in the iPod with the eq set to bass reduction. But had to go through around 12 pairs in the Market to get ones without: Distortion, Channel Volume variances, topend gone, cable issues, lack of bass, midrange only, etc etc ....

The ONLY reason IMHO to EVER buy a set of Beats knockoffs or any other headphones for that matter IMHO is if you are getting them cheaper than another cheap headphone you were planning on buying e.g. if you were thinking of a $20 set of Philips headphones the Dre's are probably a better option IF you have the time and resources and patience to try them all out before you buy.

Theres too much variance on the factories that make em, I would NEVER trust an online reseller of them.

HD25's, MDR-V6's, A&H, Pioneer originals are well within your budget and you won't look like a dick (or feel like one if the fakes decide to fail after a night gigging)

Tech Wizard

I agree the beats pros sound terrible for dj'ing. Also they are really heavy and tight on your head and wearing them for more than 30 min are uncomfortable. I had a pr and then sold them for the hdj2000s. They are infinitely better sounding and more comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    I can get these from a guy I've made contact with here in the UK. He'll take paypal, so I'm pretty sure that I'll be protected.
    I'm in two minds about getting them. I know there are knock off's about (and I'm sure these are) but I've read a lot of reviews that say the knock off's still have pretty decent drivers in them and sound great.
    Would any one touch these with a barge pole???
    [EDIT: my RGAS has been playing up a bit lately - and I haven't bought anything for ages!!!]
    Not with 10 (barge poles that is) - there's only one thing worse than looking like a dick - feeling like one when you arrive for a gig, find out you forget to turn your cans off last night (LOL), and your "Bling-Bling's" don't work. And no, the other DJ's won't lend you a real pair of headphones
    356 reasons why

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12