What TRS Cables to use with Audio 2 soundcard?

Default What TRS Cables to use with Audio 2 soundcard?

I want to connect channel 1 of my Audio 2 soundcard to a Studio/Live mixer with Balanced/Unbalanced 1/4" inputs, should i be using a balanced 1⁄4" TRS (tip-ring sleeve) plug or an unbalanced TS (tip-sleeve) plug? I was under the impressing that the audio 2 outputs are balanced but have been told otherwise.

They're not balanced, they're stereo. So they're TRS jacks, but they're still not balanced.

It sounds like you need a TRS to dual TS cable.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Bomb View Post
    I want to connect channel 1 of my Audio 2 soundcard to a Studio/Live mixer with Balanced/Unbalanced 1/4" inputs, should i be using a balanced 1⁄4" TRS (tip-ring sleeve) plug or an unbalanced TS (tip-sleeve) plug? I was under the impressing that the audio 2 outputs are balanced but have been told otherwise.
    Looks to me that it has two stereo 1/4" outputs, so you would need a 1/4" TRS plug to a pair of 1/4" TS plugs.
    17" MBP:2.66Ghz i7 8Gb| Traktor Pro 2|Live 8 Suite
    Novation Twitch & LaunchPad|M-Audio Oxygen 25
    Presonus FireStudio Mobile|Shure 315's|Yamaha HS50M's
    "“beatmatching” isnt even a fucking skill as far as im concered anyway. so what, you can count to 4. cool. i had that skill down when i was 3."-deadmau5

I only want to use Channel 1 of the audio 2 soundcard to the mixer, channel 2 for cueing, should i plug the 1/4" TRS into channel 1 and the pair 1/4" TS plugs into the studio mixer?

at the store they are sometimes referred to as "Send / Return Cables" or "Insert Cables" , you just need 1/4 to 1/4, the Audio2DJ comes with 1/4 to RCA. You could get a pair of RCA to 1/4 adapters and you're good.
    To answer the question above, yes.
    Last edited by djerikt; 12-04-2011 at 08:31 PM.

While you're there, just get a crap ton of adapters to change genders and sizes as well as couplers…they become very useful. I have a box of them and never seem to run out of uses. I think I have like 5 1/8" to 1/4" TRS adapters in place because my TRS cables aren't long enough.

The only thing you have to be careful of is that there's no way to convert b/t balanced and unbalanced signals with a simple adapter…you have to use something like a DI box to turn an unbalanced signal into a balanced one. So things like single RCA to XLR (which I've seen) are effing stupid.