Need song help for college party.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Student

Default Need song help for college party.

I'm djing a party this upcoming weekend before finals. I just upgraded my computer because my other one was broken by a friend by accident, hardrive was destroyed.

Edit: I really just need help with some popular rap music. I've been djing for three years now, its not that I don't have the songs, I'm just more into house and dub.

Any song you think would be good to play I would really appreciate the help.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Gumby; 12-05-2011 at 01:16 PM.

Are you also suffering from amnesia?
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Convert

^^ omg people are getting so rude on this forum. when i started reading this forum a year ago, before i even made an account, people genuinely tried to help people. instead we get people like you who just post a pointless snide comment. this kid is clearly a college/hs dj who just wants some help on song selection cuz he lost his music collection. you try building a playlist of music for a probably 4 hr college party if your itunes and beatport libraries disappeared. help him out or move on. its sad how different this forum has become recently.

here you go dude, college kids will eat this up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-0O4Y3xVPc

Tech Student

Thanks man. yeah I had my library full from about 4 years ago. Lost all of it i had like 8000 songs. I am back up to 120ish since i just got my new labtop. Thanks for the song,

Wow. I could lose my entire vinyl collection to a fire, my CDs could go up in flames. My laptop could melt in front of my eyes. And yet I still wouldn't have 'lost' my music collection. Why? Because of our brain's ability to store, retain, and recall information and experience. I'd still be confident that the music I like (and the music I remember) is the music I'd like to play, as opposed to asking randoms on the internet for 'house' or 'dubstep' (@OP - there are threads on recommended house and dubstep on this forum - check them out).
    Quote Originally Posted by Beastmode View Post
    you try building a playlist of music for a probably 4 hr college party if your itunes and beatport libraries disappeared.
    Not sure how this would be a problem for any DJ. Or anybody who likes or has an opinion on music. Particularly somebody one who used to own 8000 tracks. If the OP can't remember enough of his own 8000 track collection to make a 60 song setlist (or actually be able to describe the music he is looking for in anything more detailed than genres containing millions of examples) then he should really find a new hobby. If he cared about the music he played, he wouldn't even be asking this question.
    Last edited by lethal_pizzle; 12-04-2011 at 08:57 PM.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Here is a few playlists I have that would be really good for what you're looking for. As you prob know, any 3LAU, Skrillex, etc. should fly. I don't have much advice for non EDM. Good luck!

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by DJ SB View Post
    Here is a few playlists I have that would be really good for what you're looking for. As you prob know, any 3LAU, Skrillex, etc. should fly. I don't have much advice for non EDM. Good luck!
    Thanks a lot! It is exactly what I am looking for. A lot of these songs I had before. Appreciate it a lot, thanks for responding so quick with such a good playlist

Quote Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
    Thanks a lot! It is exactly what I am looking for. A lot of these songs I had before. Appreciate it a lot, thanks for responding so quick with such a good playlist
    For sure dude, there's a lot more in my soundcloud mixes, check them out if you want, some of it is unreleased though. BTW, support the artists and get that stuff legally, a good chunk of it is free on soundcloud.
    Last edited by DJ SB; 12-04-2011 at 08:22 PM.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    Not sure how this would be a problem for any DJ. Or anybody who likes or has an opinion on music. Particularly somebody one who used to own 8000 tracks. If the OP can't remember enough of his own 8000 track collection to make a 60 song setlist (or actually be able to describe the music he is looking for in anything more detailed than genres containing millions of examples) then he should really find a new hobby. If he cared about the music he played, he wouldn't even be asking this question.
    Ok so because you can remember every single track in your library that gives you license to be a dick to someone who can't? Like I said this is a place where i believed people were here to help out other people and build a community. Not somewhere were you insult someone because they asked for help. You sound just like one of those older dj's who hate on people for using controllers instead of cdj's or tt's. let me guess you hate skrillex, deadmau5, and avicii too, and the sync button is a crutch, etc etc etc.

I'm just glad SB helped him out, keep on being snobby and crabby lethal just remember you started somewhere too old chap.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Beastmode View Post
    Ok so because you can remember every single track in your library that gives you license to be a dick to someone who can't? Like I said this is a place where i believed people were here to help out other people and build a community. Not somewhere were you insult someone because they asked for help. You sound just like one of those older dj's who hate on people for using controllers instead of cdj's or tt's. let me guess you hate skrillex, deadmau5, and avicii too, and the sync button is a crutch, etc etc etc.

I'm just glad SB helped him out, keep on being snobby and crabby lethal just remember you started somewhere too old chap.
    I agree and disagree. I agree that it is hard to remember all the tracks that you have especailly if you belong to a record pool and download, legally of course, lots of music. At the same time, you should know where you got the music to be able to get some of it back. Also, the music on the laptop can still be recovered if the hard drive isn't damaged. This is also a good time to get an external hard drive and back up all your music. I have my entire collection on 2 different computers and an external drive because I am pushing 50,000 songs and if that ever disappeared I would no be a happy camper.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast