A beginner with a few questions
    Tech Convert

Default A beginner with a few questions

Hi guys, I'm new to DJing and I got myself the Kontrol S2. I like jazz mostly, smooth japanese jazz, the sound of trumpets, saxophone, double bass. I'm using the Kontrol S2, Traktor software, a standard Macbook and 2 stanton studio monitors as my setup.
    I got a few questions I thought about and hope someone out there could help...

1. I'm a total beginner. This is my goal;
    (i) I want to create my own short 10-15 second sample/loop using single note trumpet sounds. I was told something like Fruity Loops/Ableton.
    How do I use them and what's recommended?

(ii) Where can I get/buy specific single note instrument sounds? I'm looking for Trumpet/Saxophone/Double Bass/Drum sounds.
    (Preferebly in a universal format e.g. MP3/Wav)

What I'm trying to experiment is to put a Drum and Bass loop in Deck A (in Traktor), 8 different short trumpet loops created by me in the 8 sample decks, and I activate these loops with the Samples Buttons in the Kontrol S2. On Deck B would be a random sound I use for FX.
    I've just started DJing and I've set this as my goal. I want to experiment. A little advice would be nice!

2. Last, I remember this track which I heard 12 years ago in a playstation game. Sounds Drum and Bass but there's like a mix of Chillout/Jazz. I was what wondering what is that Bell-like sound in the beginning? And what genre is the track?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8iYm...eature=related

I hope I don't sound too complicated I'm trying my best to explain. I appreciate any help and Merry X'mas!

(i) I want to create my own short 10-15 second sample/loop using single note trumpet sounds. I was told something like Fruity Loops/Ableton.

if you already have the sample you can do it in something like FL/Ableton yes

(ii) Where can I get/buy specific single note instrument sounds? I'm looking for Trumpet/Saxophone/Double Bass/Drum sounds.

here would be a good bet
    http://www.soundstosample.com/home?g...FUJItAodBzEqnA

2. Last, I remember this track which I heard 12 years ago in a playstation game. Sounds Drum and Bass but there's like a mix of Chillout/Jazz. I was what wondering what is that Bell-like sound in the beginning? And what genre is the track?

Sounds like chilled breakbeat to me, not something ive looked into much but a lot more users on here are more familliar with it
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

Ridge Racer! Unfortunately i cant help but i did enjoy that game haha. its breakbeat btw.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodless View Post

if you already have the sample you can do it in something like FL/Ableton yes

here would be a good bet
    http://www.soundstosample.com/home?g...FUJItAodBzEqnA

Sounds like chilled breakbeat to me, not something ive looked into much but a lot more users on here are more familliar with it
    Thanks Hoodless!

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by PeteWoods View Post
    Ridge Racer! Unfortunately i cant help but i did enjoy that game haha. its breakbeat btw.
    One of the best games without a doubt. That song was playing in my head out of the blue