Gibson Buys Out Stanton
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Gibson Buys Out Stanton

and they bought krk too :eek:
    Last edited by Conall; 12-05-2011 at 02:17 PM.

hopefully they will take some pride in their gear again.. and get away from their futuristic look they have been pushing for so long, for dj equipment there is nothing better than a pain box that has it's focus on function.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Could be the thing that finally either saves or sinks Stanton. They've released some innovative products over the last few years but all of these seem to fall a bit short of their goal of becoming a top player in the industry again due to things like pricepoint or bad industrial design. I picked up an SCS3 system as a whim on clearance (b/c spending $500 for a dj controller w no audio interface is just plain dumb) hoping it'd be a cool addition to my setup & it turned out to be a total dog, fraught with problems. The SCS.1d also seems to be a great idea but at $700 just isnt worth trying. And the Uberstand, while popular due to it's price & folding design just has a glaring issue with the necessity of a damn ziptie to keep the thing from dumping your laptop onto the floor in front of the DJ booth!
    If Gibson can turn the company around, I'd be far more inclined to spend my money on Stanton product again.

Tech Guru

maybe they will put some effort into the scs 1 hardware. as its awsome hardware rubbish software intergration

I wonder if stanton will start making usable products instead of cheap gimmicky toys and start to turn around like numark has.

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    I wonder if stanton will start making usable products instead of cheap gimmicky toys and start to turn around like numark has.
    bing.

I mean…the Gibson line is still decent…overpriced, but decent. It's not like Fender where there are 3 other companies making the same thing but better in every way and at better price points. Gibson seems to have a clue what they're doing.

Maybe they'll abandon that stupid all-in-one console and make the spinning platter media player that I'm sure we all want.

I didn't know they owned Cerwin Vega!! Wonder if they are going to continue making the ST 150......
    1 Denon DNX1600, 2 Technics SL1200MKII, 1 Pioneer DDJ SX, 1 Reloop Terminal Mix2, 1 MBP running VDJ/Traktor/Serato SL/DJ
    Soundcloud
    Vimeo
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by DJ ATX View Post
    I didn't know they owned Cerwin Vega!! Wonder if they are going to continue making the ST 150......
    That's the only high quality product they make right now so I hope so

I wouldn't be surprised if they drop down to only making one turntable, and it'd probably be in the $300 range (new).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast