Unedited version of the UC Davis Pepper Spraying
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Unedited version of the UC Davis Pepper Spraying

http://youtu.be/hhPdH3wE0_Y

Watch the full video. Tell me the police acted inappropriately.

You are asked to leave a private property, and you refuse after numerous warnings. You gonna get what you get. I look at it this way. If you are on public streets you become a public nuisance, you need to be arrested. If you are on a private property, you should be forcibly removed.

Freedom of speech and assembly is one thing. Willful disobedience is another matter.

I say those idiots deserved what they got.

I love the treatment occupy Chicago got. When the CME dumped McDonalds application on their heads from their building. Bravo, CME!!!
    1 Denon DNX1600, 2 Technics SL1200MKII, 1 Pioneer DDJ SX, 1 Reloop Terminal Mix2, 1 MBP running VDJ/Traktor/Serato SL/DJ
    Soundcloud
    Vimeo
    Facebook

Tech Guru

They were excessive. That's not even the full video it's even clearly stated that it was edited. Show me a video where the police are in any kind of danger and that will justify the use such force.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 2X Stanton STR8-80, 2X Denon DN-S700, Akai APC40 + APC20, DDM4000, KRKRokit 8, HD25-II, iPad (Touch OSC)

Quote Originally Posted by DJ ATX View Post
    You are asked to leave a private property, and you refuse after numerous warnings. You gonna get what you get. I look at it this way. If you are on public streets you become a public nuisance, you need to be arrested. If you are on a private property, you should be forcibly removed.

Freedom of speech and assembly is one thing. Willful disobedience is another matter.

I love the treatment occupy Chicago got. When the CME dumped McDonalds application on their heads from their building. Bravo, CME!!!
    thank you!!
    Production: HP G62 2.6 dual core, 8gb ram | Live 8 | APC40 | MPD32 | MPK Mini | NI A2 | KRK Rokit 6 G2s | 6pack of Rolling Rock
    DJ: Kontrol X1 | TP2

Tech Mentor

I guess it's a question of what kind of country you want to live in. If you like the militarization of our police forces and cheer on what resembles a facist police state from a futuristic sci-fi movie then that's your right I suppose. If you think shooting tear gas and rubber bullets into an unarmed crowd of American citizens almost killing an Iraq war veteran in Oakland is hilarious then that's your right also. I think pepper spraying unarmed, passive middle class college kids is a pussy move when they could have easily just picked them up and hauled them off for tresspassing. It's a shitty world you guys want to live in, it just sucks that I have to live here to. Assholes.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ ATX View Post
    So exercising your constitutional first amendment rights is justification for using deadly chemical weapons on peaceful non-violent, non-threating congregations?
    The Los Angeles Times reported in 1995 at least 61 deaths associated with police use of pepper spray since 1990 in the USA.
    Pepper spray is banned for use in war by Article I.5 of the Chemical Weapons Convention which bans the use of all riot control agents in warfare whether lethal or less-than-lethal.
    The US Army concluded in a 1993 Aberdeen Proving Ground study that pepper spray could cause "mutagenic effects, carcinogenic effects, sensitization, cardiovascular and pulmonary toxicity, neurotoxicity, as well as possible human fatalities. There is a risk in using this product on a large and varied population". However, the pepper spray was widely approved in the US despite the reservations of the US military scientists after it passed FBI tests in 1991. As of 1999, it was in use by more than 2000 public safety agencies.

The head of the FBI's Less-Than-Lethal Weapons Program at the time of the 1991 study, Special Agent Thomas W. W. Ward, was fired by the FBI and was sentenced to two months in prison for receiving payments from a peppergas manufacturer while conducting and authoring the FBI study that eventually approved pepper spray for FBI use. Prosecutors said that from December 1989 through 1990, Ward received about $5,000 a month for a total of $57,500, from Luckey Police Products, a Fort Lauderdale, Florida-based company that was a major producer and supplier of pepper spray. The payments were paid through a Florida company owned by Ward's wife.

For the record, I live in Canada, not the states.
    From the video, this protest went from a peaceful protest about the university "we are doing this for your kids" to a full out attack on the security/police. Not physical mind you, but verbal "release them and we will let you go, and continue protesting" the line was crossed when the protesters stopped protesting about the school, and turned on the police. Ample warning was given that they were all breaking the law, and needed to leave, and this was disregarded. Then the students sat behind the security/cops and built a wall, that when others joined, the crowd went nuts, cheering and yelling.
    My take: a bunch of students that thought that defying the police would get their message across were assaulted. BUT, they were breaking the law, and were becoming unruly. Mobs are dangerous things, individuals stop thinking for themselves, and start acting as a unit. All it would have taken was one stone being thrown, and the police may have had a bigger problem on their hands. You have the right to free speech, and protest, but when things start getting out of hand, and people begin defying the authority figures, steps need to be taken to put the protest to rest. This was NOT a peaceful protest, as the protesters were verbally attacking the police. Both sides were in the wrong, but warning was given that the pepper spray was coming out.

A few years ago you would have gotten a VERY different answer out of me, I would have sided with the protesters, but the world looks different to me now, and I can see that a mob that big could have gotten far out of control. Both sides were wrong, and neither are innocent.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

the kids were doing nothing positive by being in that park.
    then instead of listening and coming back once the police leave they taunt and belittle the police by saying "f*ck the police" which is way past the line.
    each personally got a warning saying you know you will be sprayed if you stay and the each nodded okay. right before they announced they will get sprayed. PLENTY of time to leave. they sprayed the kids and each of them had their eyes closed and covered.

I'm their peers to, i'm 20 years old. They got what they deserved. we all have rights but we also have laws.
    these kids were immature and should be in school rather than being "hippies" and think they are doing good.
    Beatslicing for the bitches

Tech Wizard

Hippies got pepper sprayed. They deserved it. The hillarious part is that the entitlement of this generation caused this. (and no, im not refering to freedom of speech as to what they are entitled to)

These idiots threatened the police by demanding the release of the arrested students. They threatened to discontinue their peaceful protest, chanted fuck the police and laughed at them during the police's attempt to let them know their fate if they continue to disobey.

Tech Mentor

campus police pepper sprayed students that were peacefully protesting.
    not ok at all.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast