Setup Help - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Setup Help

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

4D/DX + MPK25
    4D/DX +Novation 25 SL MKII
    4D + Launchpad

Nice headphones BTW and congrats on the win, I'd be selling em though and buying more gear :P

Whats your intention for use mostly, triggers/loops, production, straight up mixing or live performance with synths etc....

Tech Convert

I'm aiming for live with synths Deevy, but the skys the limit really.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

I'd honestly start with what you can get away with, its only as you start to use the gear you'll really know what extra stuff you'll need.

If I was in your shoes I'd prob get as little gear as possible, streamline everything.

MPD32 or MPK25 & APC20/40 + Xone: DX

OR

Just an MPK25 + 4D

I'd put the decision of a MPD or MPK down to if you play keyboard or beats more and 20/40 if you want the knobs (more always better IMHO).

You should have more then enough controls & IO's at your fingertips to start with. Maybe even a livid Ohm RGB is another option to consider instead of the APC... really superb build quality.

BTW if anyone is wondering the only reason I'm suggesting the DX over other gear is down to it being a Pro level 20ch card + Mixer + midi controller with a SUPERB build quality for really silly money right now.

The possibilities are really endless. I'd jot down exactly what you need to control, how you do it currently and then decide what you want or need at your fingertips before splashing the cash. E.g no point bringing a midi keyboard to gigs if you aren't planning to play it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12