iPad - Arcade (Machine) Mod

Default iPad - Arcade (Machine) Mod

Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

it has a (very unfortunate) limited support from game developers. Mostly classic arcade ports. Too bad since it has a street fighter button layout. Still I would get 1 just for the kicks if it's cheap.

I have been interested in a home arcade for AGES now. The problem is that they are mostly bulky since they have to house those old big ass cathode tube displays. Fast foward now with the advent of the flat tv panels, beauties like this are possible:

http://hackaday.com/2008/08/20/hacki...cade-cabinets/

They wouldnt release the blueprints of this AFAIK but I would gladly build this If I had the specifics. Couple 1/4 wood panels, a cheap 27 inch display, and some cheap Windows PC, perhaps Atom powered.... And MAME... 22GB of MAME....
    Erase. Stop. Start.

tight
    Production: HP G62 2.6 dual core, 8gb ram | Live 8 | APC40 | MPD32 | MPK Mini | NI A2 | KRK Rokit 6 G2s | 6pack of Rolling Rock
    DJ: Kontrol X1 | TP2

Tech Mentor

They're on offer in PCworld atm .... but ..... iMame has been pulled from the AppStore ffs
    Which would explain why they're on offer, I guess

Tech Mentor

If you look on ebay, and have about £800 spar,e there are a few custom built MAME machines doing the round.

Last one I was looking at was £795 including delivery, and had a pc with built in emulators, so it had pretty much every arcade, master system, nintendo and atari game ever made installed.... more than 8000 in total.

It was also touch screen and had a jukebox built into it with loads of music already loaded on.

Genius.
    Surrey PA Hire

Quote Originally Posted by VanGogo View Post
    Banger used to mean a hot track. Now it means link sausage.