vci 300 and traktor pro
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default vci 300 and traktor pro

i know this has been a common topic but i couldnt find anything worthwile.i would really appreciate if some one can help me with vci 300 and traktor pro .would they work together if so how and would i be able to control 4 decks and scratch any help is appreciated

Tech Wizard

It works. You just either have to map it yourself or use on of the tsi files posted here on forums. :)

yep, it definitely works (as i'm using my vci-300 with traktor).

you can control 4 decks, but the vci-300 is a bit short on the controls, so mapping 4 decks is a bit difficult. as far as i know claudek is working on a decent 4-deck setup, but i think it's not finished yet.

scratch works. as far as scratching is concerned itch is far superior to traktor, but it kinda works with traktor too.

MBP, 10.5.6, TPro 2.0.1, Kontrol S4, VCI-300, a bunch of other makes-nerds-happy-stuff
    ...and still haven't got the heart to get rid of my Turntables, Mixer and my Vinyls
    Reggae, Ragga, Dancehall, Chill Out, Dubstep, Breaks, Drum & Bass

Quote Originally Posted by soulst View Post
    It works. You just either have to map it yourself or use on of the tsi files posted here on forums.
    good morning to you 7.30 montreal time

your input wou;d be very appreciated

i'm seriously considering the purchase of a vci-300 to replace hercules rmx

i run tracktor pro, am an old style beat mixer (no scratch), miss, sometimes the good old feeling of vinyl lol, here are my concerns
    -300 or 100
    -where could i get a good tsi for 300
    -how's the jogg wheel response
    -fader feel
    -and is it an overkill

your input will be welcomed

salut de montreal

Quote Originally Posted by djreff View Post
    -300 or 100
    nobody can tell you that one they're both very nice, it all comes down to your personal preference... if you won't scratch and use a lot of fx or want to do some other funny things my bet is the vci-100 is better, if you just want to do plain mixes, barely throw an effect in then the vci-300 is kinda nice (as it keeps things simpler and has more space between the controls).
    ppl might disagree with me about that - but that topic is simply pretty personal, just see what you would like more

-where could i get a good tsi for 300
    for the vci-100 there are a lot of tsi's out there (including eans), for the vci-300 there are about 3 or 4 on the forums - 2 or 3 of them are for plain TT-style. so if you don't plan any fancy things you should be fine with the tsi's available here on the DJTT forums!

-how's the jogg wheel response
    if you don't plan to use fx then I'd suggest you to go with itch - response is (IMO - but it's personal feeling again) even better than most TT's
    response with traktor is quite ok, not nearly as good as with itch but it works well for me and i don't regret jumping on the vci-300 train.

-fader feel
    well... pitch faders, jogs, knobs and buttons are really nice, but the line faders feel a bit cheap... also there are very easy to move, you nearly need no pressure to move them... that's not really nice, but i never had problems with them - they could be better but i don't think they're real dealbreakers (at least not for me)...

-and is it an overkill
    and overkill for what? for plain mixing?
    this unit is designed to do plain mixes... no fancy stuff, no heavy fx-use, just plain mixing. and it works damn well for exactly that.

you said before that you'd miss the good ol vinyl feeling - if you decide to get a vci-300 then be sure to try out itch. if you're not using fx at all then you'll probably find yourself falling in love with itch!

MBP, 10.5.6, TPro 2.0.1, Kontrol S4, VCI-300, a bunch of other makes-nerds-happy-stuff
    ...and still haven't got the heart to get rid of my Turntables, Mixer and my Vinyls

Default Thanks for ur reply

Thanks for your help im a newbie.would i still need the midi translator even if i have the tsi.and it would be great if you can give me a link of your tsi.also i dont know how to use the file.i have tried all over the internet reading but culdnt get a clear explaination it would be nice if u can help me with this

you wouldn't need mini.translator if you have the latest traktor pro version (1.1.1). this version can read the high resolution midi that the vci-300 sends.

if you have an older version of traktor pro or if you have traktor 3 then you would need the mini.translator to make the midi messages of the vci-300 understandable for traktor.

the files are all in the mappings forum, just browse it a bit, or search for vci-300, i'm sure you'll find it

if you have traktor pro you'll have to get a tsi-file, if you have traktor 3 you'll have to get a tks-file. but there are not much tks files left on the forums - so traktor pro will get you on the safe side of mapping.

how to use the file (in case of traktor pro):
    download the tsi, open traktor pro, go into settings, choose midi settings and mark your (connected) vci-300 as input and output device, then go into midi mapping, click import and choose the file you've downloaded (tsi).

the procedure for traktor 3 is somewhat similar.

hello morbido

i see that you are using VCI 300 and a nano kontrol wiv tractor. do you have ur tractor effects mapped to the nano kontrol, if so does it work ok?

i was thinking of this set up for myself.

i used the nanokontrol some time ago for fx and it worked quite nice!

but now that i am using a different approach to fx (kind of like in eans "unified fader theory") i am using my nanokontrol to control Deck C which i have loaded with precreated tracks with various samples in it. so by now i'm using my nanokontrol like a small sampler

fx with the nanokontrol are working quite nice (one knob for each effect + one knob for dry/wet for two fx-decks + on/off buttons for each effect and you still have plenty of knobs/buttons/scenes left!).
    it does feel a bit cheap though (knobs are ok, only a bit cheap, but the faders feel so damn cheap), but it's lightweight, small, easy to carry and you won't cry over it if you're spilling beer on it - just go and buy a new one (which you wouldn't do if it was more expensive).

Quote Originally Posted by Morbido View Post
    you wouldn't need mini.translator if you have the latest traktor pro version (1.1.1). this version can read the high resolution midi that the vci-300 sends.

if you have an older version of traktor pro or if you have traktor 3 then you would need the mini.translator to make the midi messages of the vci-300 understandable for traktor.

the files are all in the mappings forum, just browse it a bit, or search for vci-300, i'm sure you'll find it

if you have traktor pro you'll have to get a tsi-file, if you have traktor 3 you'll have to get a tks-file. but there are not much tks files left on the forums - so traktor pro will get you on the safe side of mapping.

how to use the file (in case of traktor pro):
    download the tsi, open traktor pro, go into settings, choose midi settings and mark your (connected) vci-300 as input and output device, then go into midi mapping, click import and choose the file you've downloaded (tsi).

the procedure for traktor 3 is somewhat similar.
    hey for some reason vci 300 is not showing up on input nd output and what would i need to do for audio settings.my vci 300 is connected it still wont show up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast