Quote Originally Posted by kevz718 View Post
u should be in good shape then.. the main DJ is going to use the same djm mixer, right?

if so, id do it like this:
1. 15 mins before ur set ends, unplug one of the channels from the audio6 and plug cdj straight into the djm. Then throw ur CD into that cdj.
2. Switch the djm channel to receive cdj line input and mix over to that channel with a track from ur cd.
3. When ur on that channel - unplug the other channel from audio6 and plug the cdj into the djm. Throw ur 2nd CD in there. Switch the djm input to cdj line for that 2nd channel.

That'll take traktor + audio6 out of the equation altogether + ull be on a standard-cdj setup when u hand it off to main DJ. Watch ur levels when u switch over to direct cdj line input. They will jump quite a bit so ull need to compensate by turning the gain down whereever it makes the most sense (likely just ur channel gain knob).

Theres another method that involves switching ur audio6 channels to DIRECT THRU but I wouldnt go this route unless u had to. Reason being that a) im not familiar with it so it scares me b) no point in having an intermediary interface if u dont need it.

Good luck
If you're happy to leave your audio 6 plugged in when the other dj plays then switching to audio thruis the easiest thing in the world. Unplug your laptop from the audio 6 (as long as the power supply is connected) and it will automatically switch to thru mode.

NB. MAKE SURE AUDIO 6 POWER SUPPLY IS CONNECTED!!!!

Or click the deck letter ie A and next to it you can switch deck from scratch control to thru mode.

Why didn't you just switch to using your x1 to control deck playback when the deck went down. at the end of the day you should be able to play with one x1 and a mixer no worries. Switch off scratch mode.

Would also have an ipod plugged in at all times on a spare channel so you can hit play while you sort out any grief.

Personally i think t/c is temperamental enough for me to jsut use controller when playing out. Much more solid.