eurodj's setup

Thread: eurodj's setup

Tech Wizard

Default eurodj's setup

OK.. So to sum things up:

1993..The year the music bug bit me...I was 14 years old..Got my first EM music cassette from my step brother..This is Techno VOl.2!!!! And was hooked ever since!!! I always loved music, and the 90's were filled of dance musci from everywhere, i am from the Dominican Republic so in those times the legal issues with underage drinking were nothing like today, hell if i dressed nice, had money and had a couple of good looking "older" chics with me i could get in anywhere.

1994...I had bough a PA system with some Birthday money and starting doing sound for a local Kids Birthday COmpany, IN that same year started Djing some 15th BD parties which is a custom in Latin America to do with the ladies. I remember having a Pyramid Mixer and a Technics Cd player that had a knob to control pitch, and a denon cassette player.

Mid 1994..I had saved up enough to get a Dual Cd Player..Due to my limited resources i ended up buying the FIrst GEmini Unit!!!!It served me well for a year but letr on had issues with the optical lense.

1995-1998...After fixing the Gemini for the last time (Bought new revised lense) I traded it in for 2 1200s and Some vinyls (Best deal i ever made), i still have these decks today...I also bought a dual cd player..a denon DNF2000mk2..Best PLayer i erve had..Abbused them for years..never had issues!!!! Also bought a mixer with a sampler..A gemini UNit!!!

1999...Bought a DNF2600 and got into effects!!!

2000-2002...Got me a ROland Dj1000 and FS1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Got into DVS never looked back!!!!Also got a peavey Grabber and some misc stuff

2002-2011..After Buying tons of vinyls i settled on various gear DVS domininate, i had FS2 with Traktor 3 and never looked back!!NI has been my SW to go to......Iva had Denon X1500, DJM300Rotary, DJM500, and settled on Xone 62 which i still have as for controllers i have so many im not gonna go into it..suffice to say ive tried them all!!!!!!!

From there on OUt I have changed and tried so manys setus but dont have the pics so here are some of what i have now in some way or another!!

Now i have a 5yr old, married and have less space so my setups have to be revised ever so often so i can try new things and just change makes it more interesting!!

How do you find the DDJ-T1? Looks like a very nice set up man!!!
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Tech Wizard

I like the layout alot, of course its more conventional looking but the spacing s what get me, its just comfortable to use.I have an S4 also but this is what i use at home i have the x1 mapped to the sample decks, i also have another x1 i was thinking bout using for effects 3-4 though ive managed with the setup u saw as i still use the xone's fiters. One thing i must say, using a Xone for so long, as well as the vci100 with the knobs, i got used to hgh quality knobs and the ddj plastic ones are sometihng u need to get used to. In the end i like it, i really do, but if you are in the market as i was, i would suggest wait for the vci400 if the 100, 300 are any indicators that thing will hands down lay the smack down on all others!!! I already had Traktor 2 so the s4 software and pioner versions really werent of any value to me. So between S4 and DDJ,I like the DDj layout best, S4 is a bit more convenient, but hey thats just me.