YoshiExcel Presents: Chromatic_03 [Melodic Drum & Bass]

Default YoshiExcel Presents: Chromatic_03 [Melodic Drum & Bass]

Thank you for checking out Chromatic 03. If you are familiar with the Chromatic Melodic D&B mix series, then welcome back. You know exactly what to expect from this as it is my signature style mix, of course fresh new tracks along with some oldies but goodies and a few surprises! For those of you that are new to the Chromatic series, I promise this will be something new and refreshing from the typical drum n bass mixes that are out there (absolutely nothing wrong with other styles however, im a huge fan of all drum & bass).

The track selection is not random at all, and this is not an improvised mix. A bit more careful planning goes into creating Chromatic, whether thats a good or bad thing who knows, its just the way I preffer to do it. The overall point is to have
    tracks that have a bit more focus on melodies and a more positive vibe than other styles of dnb. I do mix everything harmonically, to the best of my abilities. I am extremely pleased with the way this one turned out, I went a bit out of my
    comfort zone and tried new transition techniques and pretty much wasn't afraid to take risks. I really didn't want to play it
    safe this time.

A quick tour of the tracklist, I start off the set with an extremely beautiful intro track by Bioritm. Found this one randomly browsing Beatport, didn't even think twice, this was a keeper. I wanted to start off with something very melodic, but nothing that came on too strong... thats what Moleman - Breeze was for. =) This track pretty much just picks up as if it will continue to be a soft melodic tune, then without warning, it takes you in for a ride! Follow that up with a couple fitting tracks setting up one of my new favourites Anticipate (Netsky Remix). I am a huge Netsky fan, and this was played at a very proper time. After this, I try to take the mix a bit deeper with the next couple of tracks looking for a good spot to
    setup another melodic soft part of the mix. I eventually sneak in Sunlight and Dreaming Out Loud (Traxx Project Remixx), tracks that work really well together. I dont spend too much time toning down the energy of the mix, i quickly bring it back with the next few tracks.
    The end of the mix gets a bit on the lighter side, very upbeat style. I felt this was a perfect way to end the mix. It was very very difficult to pick a song to end with because there was so many wonderful tracks to choose from, but i think i ended up selecting a very awesome track to finish with. Shopaholic (Blame Club Remix), has a very nice melodic feel to it, a bit of energy and those vocals are really cool! Blame really did something nice to this otherwise silly track. Been wanting to use this track in a Chromatic mix for a while, but the timing was never right, until now. Well, heres the full tracklist below. I really hope you guys enjoy this mix, feel free to comment on it if you want.

Tracklist:

Bioritm - Last Sunrise At Ocean (Original Mix) [Zebra Music]

Moleman - Breeze [Velcro City Records] 4:11

Alter Ego - Mellow (Original Mix) [Mercury Audio] 8:08

Sigma - Stronger (Original Mix) [RAM Records] 11:01

Skream - Anticipate (Netsky Remix) [OWSLA] 14:32

Seismix & Cahb - So Blue [Unsigned] 17:45

Netsky - Your Way [Radar Records] 20:00

Bustrexx - I Might Be Wrong [Unsigned] 26:29

Patrick Currier - Sunlight (Original Mix) [Rockers 175] 30:22

Sally J Johnson - Dreaming OUt Loud (Traxx Project Remixx)[Unsigned] 32:11

Fred V - Paradise [Talkin Beatz] 34:15

Netsky - The Lotus Symphony [Hospital Records] 38:17

Fracture Design - The Light Within Her Eyes (Nelver Remix) [Dirt, Lies and Audio] 41:31

Grafix & Fred V - White Lies [Talkin Beatz] 45:24

Indivision - Survive Or Perish [Unsigned] 50:08

McLean, Sway, Wideboys - Shopaholic (Blame Club Remix)[World Wide Phonographics] 51:53

Looks like a nice TL man, ill give it a download and get it on today
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

Bump #1

Moderator of Silly Walks Citizen_Insane's Avatar

Not my usual kind of drum & bass but it was definitely well mixed, I quite enjoyed it. Good stuff man
    Traktor Pro, VCM 600, Custom Midi Fighter, Presonus Firebox, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    http://soundcloud.com/citizen_insane/
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    All these subgenre's are like the grandchildren of disco with dubstep and D&B being the bad kids that smoke cigarettes and are in and out of jail.

^^, thanks! Took FlashUK101's advice and listened to Netsky's essential mix to get a feel for different types of transitions, i picked out bits and pieces that i liked and tuned them more into my style.

downloading this, Your Way is such a good song...
    My Soundcloud: Bigheadmike

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    The whole DJ scene has been built on the backbones of people losing their warranty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash101uk View Post
    Mixing is a lot like farting. If you have to force it, its probably shit!

Bump #2 Come on guys, leave the house/electro music alone for just an hour and give dnb a chance...