Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • Plates

49 71.01%
  • Wrap

20 28.99%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default NEW VCI-100 PLATES or WRAP?

We are getting closer to the completion of our upgrade package and wondering which you would prefer: plates or a wrap?

plates:
    new black or silver(?) plates that list all the functions of the vci-100se firmware.

wrap:
    a custom wrap from style flip that wraps any VCI-100 in black and adds the labels of the 1.3 firmware. Which one would you want?

If we were to get plates... black ones, that would make a lot of sense to make things easier to read in the dark.
    Last edited by BentoSan; 06-14-2008 at 09:00 AM.

Tech Mentor

Can you elaborate on the wrap, I don't quite get it

EDIT: Is the main difference - the wrap goes over your current VCI plates, while the new plates would replace the old ones?

Whichever looks better. I can't vote because I don't really know what the answer is!

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by eangolde View Post
    new black or silver(?) plates that list all the functions of the vci-100se firmware.
    I think silver plates would be the best for me: I have a silver vci... :-)

Like miyuru pointed out: does the wrap go over your current plate? And what is it made of- same material as the plate? Just as long it won't get a "plastic" look I'm happy.

And I definately want it to be black...looks so much cooler

The wrap is made out of thin/tough vinyl, i really have no idea how good they are so i am not really game to vote myself either.

I think that the "wrap" option will be available faster and cheaper than the plates. This can be a quick and dirty solution for now but in the long run, I would like to go with the plates. If you are saying that they would both be available at the same time for delivery, then, by all means the plates.
    As for the coloring, I would like Black with white lettering, this is easier to read in dark settings.

I would def like new plates, but if the price/quality of the wraps are good i would probable go with that.
    I really want to get a nice se wrap

The wrap is a thin vinyl digital print media. The same stuff they use for graphics on commercial vehicles. basically, like a big sticker. One problem with that route, i would forsee, is it is somewhat of a skill to apply this stuff. On vehicles - squeegees, torches, and razor blades are involved to get it to conform to contours and keep out bubbles, folds, etc.. You can pull it up and re-stick it a few times, so you have a several chances to get it all straight.

The good thing about the wrap is that when a new firmware layout or graphic design comes out, you can pull the wrap off fairly easily and the surface below is good as new. So, changing things again would be cheaper and easier than doing a new plate.
    Last edited by aiden; 06-10-2008 at 09:29 AM. Reason: hyphen

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast