BCR 2000 for fx and other stuff
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile BCR 2000 for fx and other stuff

Hi all,

I searched quite a bit but couldn't find setup files for using the BCR for fx and looping in TPRO ( I use an ecler nuo4 for browsing and deck controls).

So I dove into programming the BCR for using it that way. I was happy to come across BC manager wich is great for programming the BCR/BCF. Tried different feels for the knobs, led settings etc and I think I have a pretty nice setup now for a 1st draft anyway.

Ok, I have cleaned up the preset in TPro and saved it. Also I've saved the .syx file in BC Manager. I have made a picture of the layout too:

So there are 3 files in the zip

1 - Layout picture (jpg)
    2 - Preset file for the BCR (syx)
    3 - Preset file for Traktor Pro (tsi)

*** MAKE SURE YOU BACKUP YOUR PRESETS FROM THE BCR AND TPRO BEFORE LOADING THESE ***

Check the BC Manager manual to make sure you are only changing 1 preset (was preset 3 in my case) and not all of them!

I think, haven't tried it myself, you can merge Traktor tsi files so you might wanna give that a try, check HERE

I have used different ledring settings to improve visual seperation between decks/effects. I don't know how most users rout thier decks to an external mixer, but I find fader *A*C*B*D* alot more natural then *A*B*C*D*, just because you stick to the left/right seperation. You will see when you load it up...

This is my 1st try at programming the BCR and TPRO, it's a work in progress and not perfect by any means, but maybe some of it's functions and mapping will be usefull for some of you.

Things I might put in there:

* master section for tempo, main level and syncing (group 3?)
    * maybe some loop move controls, allthough I might put these on my nuo4

Any suggestions/additions welcome....

Hope this helps, and let me know what you think...

Nice one bro'!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Mentor

so how does one go about implementing this? I tried just loading the tsi file but i dont think that works.

Have you also loaded the sysex file into your BCR?
    (And have you told Traktor that your BCR is connected as well?)
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)

Tech Mentor

No.... how do i do that? This is my first time messing with the bcr 2000. I looked at the manual but its no help.

Well basically Sir ComeAlot's post says it all:

Use BCManager and you will be able to upload the sys file to the BCR.

If your looking for some links about the BCR containing BC manager and other info,

Check HERE

Hope this helps

Tech Mentor

ok i got it to work. I was trying to set it up on a vista laptop and that didnt work out. Jumped to a xp laptop and it set up in 5 min. Loving it. It works great with ALOT of buttons and knob functions to spare. I might try to add some looping controls when i have the time. Thanks for all the help tekki and sircomealot.

Cool fa5ky!

Us BCR owners & addicts gotta stick together!

Glad to see you got it up and running mate!

Good to hear you like the layout, any suggestions on what to add?

Would like to know what your additions are

Cheers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast