Question about channel gains
    Tech Mentor

Default Question about channel gains

so with the channel gains the limit is -12 or +12, is there any way to change this limit?

Hardware mixer, No. But you can have the same effect by turning every EQ knob (low mid treble). But that's not really nice for mixing.

Software mixer, maybe you can tweak something, but i doubt it.

What you can do is put you file (.mp3 or .wav or whatever) into a program like Audacity, and then give it more gain.
    But try to keep it decent, and avoid distortion. You'll probably lose quality by doing this method.

Still, i wonder why would you go above the +- 12 limit. Or your file is really too loud, or not loud enough. In both cases, something's wrong.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dope View Post
    Still, i wonder why would you go above the +- 12 limit. Or your file is really too loud, or not loud enough. In both cases, something's wrong.
    This, explain what's happening to make you want to do this? Or are you from Mythbusters and you're trying to blow up some speakers on TV?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

i never go above +3 unless i wanna die a horrible clippping related death.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "