USB Audio Out Converter - USB AUDIO CODEC - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

i would suggest switching over to a dvs such as traktor or virtual dj and eliminate the need for one of the laptops.

Tech Mentor

I am not yanking your chain. Imagine if somebody had a beat up moped (Motor scooter) in their garage (My mixmeister) that they used only occasionally. They got some money and decided to buy a Ducati Superbike, (My V7s) only to find out they had now clue how to ride it.

I have never even touched a turntable before I had my V7s. I really feel like an idiot for buying them and have tried some youtube turntable tutorials but it's really hard and I have this fear that I am going to look like a giant douche and fubar my gig because somebody at the party will be a bedroom DJ and realize I don't know how to work the tables. My old Dell laptop would sometimes cause the music to skip if ran too many operations at once so I knew bringing them was out of the question. I just got a quad-core windows 7 monster with 6 gigs of ram. Skipping won't be a problem. Perhaps I should take another crash course in mixing and just bring them to my next gig.

Tech Mentor

Ordered my flight cases. I'm just gonna bit the bullet and start bringing them to my gigs.

Just so you know, I'm not a complete moron, I'm just totally turn-table illiterate and don't know much about being a DJ. I understand Drum machines multi-trackers, I've been in a band, composed some tunes, written songs. I play the base and a little bit of keyboard.

My experience with drum machines has me very interested in the MIDI fighter advertised on this website. Would that be any use to me with my v7's or is it just a tractor controller? It kinda looks like a drum machine and the arcade buttons look sick. It looks like something I could get into. What exactly does the f'n think do?

Hey, thanks for taking a step further and explaining your situation. Yesterday, I wrote :facepalm: because the thread-outline was like that and to tell you the truth, that was the only thing I could write without sounding like an asshole or a smartass(hole). And some of the community members can assure you that I know how to be an asshole.

Now, you could still follow up with my first response and connect the two laptops to old Numark and then use:
    - hedphone cue as one channel and,
    - master for a second channel

That would allow you to use the new mixer as intended.
    You can also just use the V7s and get out of the stupid situations by saying that Mixmeister does not support midi control (I assume).

Does that help?
    Many photons have died to bring you this information.

Tech Mentor

Sounds good. Thanks for givinf me the push to start using my turntables. Can the MIDI fighter work with serato itch? I like it. It looks like a badass drum machine.

If you have time; Practice! Everyone has some point where they had "never touched turntables" before and then do. Might as well jump in and get your mix on. Learn your music. A great wedding DJ can have a huge positive effect on a wedding if they can keep a groove going and get people dancing. I've seen it before. My dad once commented on how good the DJ was at a wedding - and the DJ was definitely above the cut in terms of mobile/wedding dj's - and he doesn't even dance.

Tech Wizard

[edit: nevermind]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12