Looking to add Cue Points 5-8 to S4. Help.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Looking to add Cue Points 5-8 to S4. Help.

Hello everyone,

I searched the forum for an answer to this problem and was unable to find one so I apologize if it has been covered before.

I am looking to use a button combination to access cue points 5-8 on the S4. In videos I have seen Ean use the loop buttons to map these, but since I use the loop decks quite a bit I was hoping to go another route.

So, the basic s4 mapping allows you access to cue points 1-4 with the appropriately labelled buttons, but if I would like to be able hold down the cue button and access cue point 5 by pressing 1, 6 by pressing 2, and so forth.

I tried using the controller editor, but had no idea what I was getting into. Any help would be appreciated.

Well, should be easy enough if you know how to map yourself. But from what I understand, then you have to change your entire S4-mapping. But for the thing you're after, you'd want to map the cue button a unused modifier and having it on hold and value one, then for the cue point buttons they should be mapped to hotcue 5-8 with the modifier condition... It's quite a steep learning curve for the mapping interface, but check if there isn't any mappings ready to go in the mapping subforum...

Or just learn it. Once you get the hang of it it's not that difficult. Only a bit annoying... :P

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Do you use the sample slots? You can change those to 5-8 in preferences. And if you did manage to map shift + 1-4 to do cues 5-8 how are you going to delete cues?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

Yeah I just switched the sample deck buttons over to 5-8 in settings.
    If you need to use the sample decks, just hit the a/c b/d deck switch and than its available. I find it a better solution to doing a big remapping.

If you need the sample decks always ready, it's much more easy to remap sample functionality to a controller than re-mapping near perfection(S4 OG Mapping).

Hopefully the DJTT s4 mapping will be even closer.

Tech Convert

Thank you everyone for your replies. I do use the sample decks so I would like to still be able to use those. I agree that the original s4 mapping is near perfect and don't want to mess with it too much.

It was mentioned that I would be able to switch the sample deck buttons over to 5-8 when using decks A/B? I was unable to find how to do this in controller editor (confusing) or preferences. If I were to do this would I still be able to load samples/loops from decks A/B into decks C/D if I switched over to them?

Again, any help on this would be much appreciated.

Tech Wizard

In preferences > Traktor Kontrol S4 > S4 Control options > Sample Play Buttons
    That is where the option is. Its not a user mapping function, just a setting.

In this mode, decks will work like default, just the 4 Sample deck buttons will now be cue points 5-8.
    When you press A/C or B/D you will switch to the sample deck (or whatever is in the slot), All the buttons will now control the sample decks on the side you switched.
    As I said in my last post, if you need access to everything at the same time, your gonna have a much easy time just mapping sample deck functions to another controller.

Tech Student

Hey, I was also wondering about this. What I'm curious to know is, what was Native Instruments original intentions with cue points 5-8? Strictly using a mouse???

Tech Student

Well, one solution is to get an X1 controller! Hit the 'Hot Cue' button and then you have access to all 8 hot cue points!

a midifighter would work
    Techno Producer and Dj//Upcoming releases on Discovery Records and other labels//Australia//https://soundcloud.com/mrmye

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast