VCI-400 Latency Problem
    Tech Wizard

Default VCI-400 Latency Problem

Hi,

I´ve bought a VCI-400, installed erverything and so on. Now, when I use the build-in-soundcard (with Traktor Pro2) of the VCI-400, I´ve latencys of 85ms! If I try to bring the latency down, i get crackling sounds and the the audio stops. When I´m using my old external soundcard instead, I´ve got latencys of 15,1ms. So whats wrong. I paid 800€, so I want to work with the build in soundcard (+ if I use the external soundcard, the headphone-out of the VCI became useless).
    Please help!!!!!

Tech Wizard

Could anybody delete this thread... and then tell me how to do this...

The VCI 400 is quite new, so I doubt many people can help you.

What kind of computer do you have? Usually latency issues are caused by a mixture of hardware and software details, like a slow computer and bad drivers. So, since the VCI is new, it might be a driver issue, but it could also be you have a computer, that doesn't have the power needed to run the VCI with Traktor.

For instance, interesting is, the VCI doesn't support celerons, Atom or AMD processors. From the Vestax website.

Windows
    XP (SP3 and later / 32Bit only)
    Vista (SP1 and later / 32Bit or 64Bit)
    7 (32Bit or 64B)
    CPU:Intel Core Duo 1.4GHz or more
    RAM:1GB or more
    USB port
    CD-ROM drive
    Free HDD capacity for music data

The Requirements above do not apply to the bundled software
    The VCI-400 does not support Intel Celeron, ATOM and AMD processors
    scamo
    Skooppa - the revolution is beginning!

You want the best FX jogs on the S4? Then try this mapping!

Our Mixes: Mixcloud - Soundcloud
    Hehe...yeah. We're just beginning.

Tech Wizard

I posted a reply in this forum:
    http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...914#post394914
    It includes my whole setup. It meets the requirements. I have a intel core duo cpu with 2,0GHz.
    I thank you for your quick reply... if you have any ideas of what can be wrong please post in the other thread. I´ve done a double post (feel sorry for that)... So please, if you got any ideas...

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by scamo View Post
    For instance, interesting is, the VCI doesn't support celerons, Atom or AMD processors.
    It is kind of interesting, but they even said that about the VCI-100 which was MIDI only. What I think this actually means is that they save a bit of money in testing, and only test with Intel CPU/chipset combos. There's a specific mention of some Sony Vaio laptops though, I hear the problem there is a USB conflict with the built-in webcam.