macbooks...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: macbooks...

Tech Wizard

Default macbooks...

hey guys

2 questions, firstly, looking at getting a macbook for both uni next september and for dj-ing with; would the standard 13" 2.4 macbook with the 4gb ram upgrade be up to the task?

and secondly, currently comparing the apple to jigsaw24.com, and was wondering whether it is worth saving the hundred quid or so or dealing direct with apple? any experience would be appreciated!

many thanks!

i think that macbook would be kickass, as long as you dont mind the tiny screen. i use a 13" live no worries
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Kaon, none of that has to do with drum and bass.

tiny screen?....its not that small, 10" netbooks are small. I have a mb, love it and wouldnt dj with anything bigger, why? I believe that a smaller screen keeps you focused on the crowd, and not on the eye candy.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Tech Guru

just remember that the new macbooks come without a firewire port. so one less port (without a hub aka additional latency) and also the ideal port to hook up an external drive.

Tech Wizard

cheers for the input guys - exactly what i wanted to hear

*someones got there heart set on a shiny new mb*

I use a new aluminum one, love it! I upgraded my internal hard drive to a 7200rpm one aswell...

Just wish the Solid state drives weren't so expensive !!
    MacBook Pro 15" 2.0GHZ i7. Kontrol S4. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5. MidiFighter Classic. Aiaiai TMA-1.

Quote Originally Posted by JesC View Post
    tiny screen?....its not that small, 10" netbooks are small. I have a mb, love it and wouldnt dj with anything bigger, why? I believe that a smaller screen keeps you focused on the crowd, and not on the eye candy.
    hey dont get me wrong, i like the tiny screen (im not compensationg for anything here ). but it is tiny. 10" is microscopic. 15" is norm, 17" is big and anything bigger is unneccessarily awesome! this is kaons unofficial guide to getting square eyes
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Kaon, none of that has to do with drum and bass.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

From what i can see jigsaw24.com are knocking off some of the VAT to get the price under what you would pay at an Apple shop.
    A not very know FACT is that no Apple reseller is allowed to sell their products cheaper than what Apple sell them for. Of course you can get a little off if the seller is prepared to pay the VAT themselves.
    In my experience (considering that my girlfriend used to work at an Apple Approved Shop) if you buy Apple, buy it from Apple.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    From what i can see jigsaw24.com are knocking off some of the VAT to get the price under what you would pay at an Apple shop.
    A not very know FACT is that no Apple reseller is allowed to sell their products cheaper than what Apple sell them for. Of course you can get a little off if the seller is prepared to pay the VAT themselves.
    In my experience (considering that my girlfriend used to work at an Apple Approved Shop) if you buy Apple, buy it from Apple.
    I work for an authorised service provider / reseller, we can only sell at apple store prices but there are re-sellers who are classed as "Premium" re-sellers who can sell cheaper
    MacBook Pro 15" 2.0GHZ i7. Kontrol S4. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5. MidiFighter Classic. Aiaiai TMA-1.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Really, i did not know that. Well, not about the 'Premium' re-sellers.
    Is Jigsaw24 a Premium reseller then i wonder?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast