Good External Soundcard? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

For DJing or production?

Don't get an audio 2 dj for production, it doesn't have balanced outs and is overall not suited for production- It's just a basic DJ soundcard (hence the DJ in the name) and there's really no reason you would want to buy it to produce with. I tried using my audio 8 to produce with and it was pretty bad coming out of the RCAs and 1/4" stereo out with the volume knob. Speakers were always noisy when nothing was playing even with the volume knob down- annoying enough for me to go out and buy a more suitable card.

I got a Komplete Audio 6 and with the balanced outs hooked up it is dead silent and the sound is great- I couldn't ask for a better card. And also you don't even need to use XLR cables or converters since the rokkits all also have balanced 1/4" inputs like good production soundcards have so you can use balanced 1/4" TRS cables and it will be the same as using an XLR.

Tech Wizard

If you are producing, I recommend:
    Apogee Duet 2 or Echo AudioFire 4

Tech Mentor

put some of these on the back of your monitors and use any sound card with rca/phono outs

http://www.google.co.uk/products/cat...d=0CIsBEPMCMAE

Xonetacular, might it be possible that A2, A4 and A8 soundcards are nosy and crappy, compared to A6 and A10?
    Many photons have died to bring you this information.

+1 Komplete Audio 6 is a tasty sc. perfect for your needs. balanced outs
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post
    +1 Komplete Audio 6 is a tasty sc. perfect for your needs. balanced outs
    Komplete Audio 6
    so i should probably look to get this since im a producer more than a dj?

yes, although you could technically DJ with it as well...

Quote Originally Posted by ToS View Post
    Xonetacular, might it be possible that A2, A4 and A8 soundcards are nosy and crappy, compared to A6 and A10?
    possible but it lacks balanced outs which is more likely the culprit. The Komplete Audio 6 is really awesome and NI finally got a soundcard really spot on (the Audio 6 DJ is probably up there too- Audio 10 not so much). I don't think you can beat it for the price and they are $199 new on sale from $299 still for a couple more weeks. B&h has them, everywhere else is sold out for $199.

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    possible but it lacks balanced outs which is more likely the culprit. The Komplete Audio 6 is really awesome and NI finally got a soundcard really spot on (the Audio 6 DJ is probably up there too- Audio 10 not so much). I don't think you can beat it for the price and they are $199 new on sale from $299 still for a couple more weeks. B&h has them, everywhere else is sold out for $199.
    Really annoys me you diss the audio 10 seems totally unfounded IMO

Its a proper lovely soundcard. Have you actually used one?
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Not to threadjack, but i've always wondered if the sound quality between an Audio 6 and an Audio 10 are identical; and for that matter, how much better is the 6/10 than the 4/8?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast