Could this work??CDJ+VCI-100

Default Could this work??CDJ+VCI-100

i want to get a pair of cdjs and a mixer soon.. could i use them along with my vci-100se?

right now im using traktor.. but i think i would need traktor scratch for the cdj's to work am i correct?

i would like to use the vci-100 for effects and beat juggling.. and use the cdjs and mixer for everything else is this possible?

does anyone else have a setup like this?

thanks for your help
    Last edited by evan_c; 03-22-2009 at 08:08 PM.
    ALL I DO IS PARTY HA HA HA

The only good thing that the CDJ's will be good for is giving you a higher accuracy when scratching or doing pitch bends with timecode cd's - they will be useless for everything else.

fair enough. so it is possible to do this?

Yeah, but i can think of other equipment you could get that would allow you do more - unless you absolutely positivly need better performance of the Jog wheels. I would wait until the 1.4 firmware comes out and see how that works for you before blowing money on CDJ's and a mixer - there are plenty of other devices that you could buy that would improve your mixes more than a pair of cdh's would, for a whole lot less money too.

true

do you have an recommendations? I've been looking at the korg nano player but have not really found out how I would use it.

The best accessory to the VCI-100 at the moment i think is probably something like a trigger finger or similar device that got some knobs, faders and buttons on it.

Theres also the SCS 3d which makes for a pretty nifty effects unit if your looking for more FX control while also having the ability to control the other 2 decks in Traktor without having to get into confusing soft takovers with the eq's and volume faders.

If you want something cheap and disposable the Korg Nano products arnt too bad, but dont expect them to last as long as the above options.

I was looking into doing this for a while. I was going to use the AA Radius 1000s. They have full midi support or they can be used as CDJs. But, it just isn't practical for the money. I can do ever thing with my controller and the house CDJs. But I may invest into them for C/D deck control. Still on the fence, but the money issue holds me still.
    SyblingQ - Electro House for dark alleys.