Lower the kicks in a song - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

If you're not using sync and you're getting issues with kicks sounding weird…it means you need to get better at beat matching.

Tech Wizard

Here is how I do it. I load up a song WITHOUT having "set beat grid when detect bpm" on. Then I place my first marker(cue point) at the first kick in the track. Then I use the tick if it sounds good, wich it usually does, then I'm finished. I never use the sync botton, since I find it to mess up my cue points, meaning that when I press my cuepoints it doesn't go off directly when I press it. When I wan't to load in a diffrent track (wich has been "beat gridded") I use the jog-wheels to get it to line up with the other track. But sometimes, even if they are lined up I hear this "ticking" sound on the kicks when they are playing simultaneously.

Best regards, Jack H.

Wait, what?

Don't use the metronome if you're beat-matching manually…it serves no function.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack H View Post
    I never use the sync botton, since I find it to mess up my cue points, meaning that when I press my cuepoints it doesn't go off directly when I press it. When I wan't to load in a diffrent track (wich has been "beat gridded") I use the jog-wheels to get it to line up with the other track. But sometimes, even if they are lined up I hear this "ticking" sound on the kicks when they are playing simultaneously.

Best regards, Jack H.
    First off just turn off snap/quant and that should fix the jumping thing

IF you ear ticking nudge the grids using the button in the grid panel and see what happens. Don't use the metronome/tick function.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12