Dr Dre "beats" claim to have HD sound?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Dr Dre "beats" claim to have HD sound?

Does HD sound even exist?

It's bad enough that Dr. Dre put his name on overpriced headphones, no doubt with a company that's known for selling overpriced cables, but HD sound?

I've looked online and can't find any proof that HD sound exists.

marketing

Kind of makes me angry that they just make things up.

Lot's of people around here have them.

Just wanted to confirm it doesn't exist so I can confidently start ripping into them.

they arnt lying as such, its just marketing. "HD" is just a matter of perspective tbh. As far as TV's go it was coined anything above 720p (720p being the standard). The sound will be HD for pretty much all the people that buy the products as they will be used to the likes of the stock ipod headphones. to me, when i see people wearing beats it just shows that they put no effort whatsoever into actually researching headphones before they bought them, so imo they deserve to be ripped off. I struggle to hold my tongue when i meet people and we get talking about sound/music and they start telling me about their dre beats as if they are the best headphones created.

Quote Originally Posted by Conall View Post
    I struggle to hold my tongue when i meet people and we get talking about sound/music and they start telling me about their dre beats as if they are the best headphones created.

Why bother holding your tongue? Just let rip man!

These headphones have been a bugbear of mine for a while now. I went in to Comet/Currys and tried them out against my (£20) in-ear Sennheisers, and to be honest, I thought my buds were much better at isolating the outside noises. This in turn made for cleared highs and deeper bass.

I'm not known for being an audiophile (I've been known to use vinyl rips and 128 bit mp3's) but I know when I'm being taken for a fool. Sadly some people will buy these things and tell you your equipment is inferior to theirs.

Their loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Archies'bald View Post
    Why bother holding your tongue? Just let rip man!

These headphones have been a bugbear of mine for a while now. I went in to Comet/Currys and tried them out against my (£20) in-ear Sennheisers, and to be honest, I thought my buds were much better at isolating the outside noises. This in turn made for cleared highs and deeper bass.

I'm not known for being an audiophile (I've been known to use vinyl rips and 128 bit mp3's) but I know when I'm being taken for a fool. Sadly some people will buy these things and tell you your equipment is inferior to theirs.

Their loss.
    I didnt mean in a patronising sense, just that they are really happy with them.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by tokenasianguy View Post
    Does HD sound even exist?

It's bad enough that Dr. Dre put his name on overpriced headphones, no doubt with a company that's known for selling overpriced cables, but HD sound?

I've looked online and can't find any proof that HD sound exists.
    Of course it does!

...and if my auntie had b*ll*cks she'd be my uncle

Tech Mentor

I like them....for quickly identifying to me which people have absolutely no idea what theyre talking about, and more money than brains. (also applies to bose! cant wait to see bose make a $1000 "dj" headphone)
    Kontrol S4 | Novation Remote 25SL Mk.I | Macbook Pro | Shure SRH750DJ
    Soundcloud | Facebook | iTunes Podcast

They're not bad headphones... they are just over priced. I don't get why everyone rips on people who buys them. It's their money, they can do what they want with it. If they want to wear something for the brand, then why not let them do it? Its the same reason I wear Ray Bans instead of $5 knock offs that probably look almost identical.

I don't understand where this thread is going, or why it's going there. He simply asked about them being HD.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Wilde View Post
    I like them....for quickly identifying to me which people have absolutely no idea what theyre talking about, and more money than brains. (also applies to bose! cant wait to see bose make a $1000 "dj" headphone)
    I agree that bose headphones may not be the best for DJing for their cost, but that doesn't apply to other uses. I own a pair of noise cancelling headphones which i use to study and for long flight, and honestly I can't hear anything with them on.
    DJ: Traktor Kontrol S4, Audio-Technica ATH-M50
    Production: LPD 8, Keystation 49, Fast-Track Pro, Equator D5 monitors

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast