Mini camera
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mini camera

Default Mini camera

Hey guys,

I've seen several "point of view" videos with Fatboy Slim, Skrillex, and more recently Uppermost :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1_OOqImX5Y&

I was wondering if you knew any good "camera" to do this ?

I'm not looking for a full 1080p high definition under water etc, i just want to use it to record video mixes

Also, it would be awesome if what's recorded could be sent live to a computer, for streaming ( i guess i'm asking for too much here)

http://contour.com/ check it out, great quality, but there far cheaper ones without a doubt

Tech Wizard

The GoPro is horrible in low-light conditions, but amazing in every other way. Especially the new one, that has a mic input

Dude, i need something small i can attach to shades or something, not a big grey box on my head

Contour has some nice products, the "Roam" looks awesome, but maybe a bit too good, i don't need 1080p that much. Thanks anyway.

Do you know if a model that can be hooked up to a computer via USB for streaming even exists ?

Based on your criteria, just strap a webcam to your face. Seriously. It's going to be the smallest and cheapest way to do it.
    Traktor Pro, Kontrol X1, Audio Kontrol 1, iPad running TouchOSC, Maschine, Macbook Pro.

Using Traktor since it was "Traktor DJ Studio 2"

pleasurewavemusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Pleasurewave View Post
    Based on your criteria, just strap a webcam to your face. Seriously. It's going to be the smallest and cheapest way to do it.
    AHahahahahahahah. I just can't stop laughing

Legit idea. But i would need a small one.
    But then i'm screwed when it comes to recording and not broadcasting. I'd like to do both

I'll do some more research, but the Contour Roam + Webcam strapped on my face could be the good combo

If you wanted to get fancy, get two of the same webcam and then you can record/broadcast or broadcast in 3-D ... ok that's a little too zany. But totally possible. Science.
    Traktor Pro, Kontrol X1, Audio Kontrol 1, iPad running TouchOSC, Maschine, Macbook Pro.

Using Traktor since it was "Traktor DJ Studio 2"

pleasurewavemusic.com

Tech Guru

+1 on the webcam, im pretty sure with the right programs you can do some fancy recording, I picked up a camera from china thats like the size of a 1 pound coin... no drivers though but would of been ideal....
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

Tech Wizard

You can use one webcam for multiple applications at once. Look up Many Cam. I use it with a bootleg RCA to USB to convert the video signal into one recognized by other projects because for some reason nothing recognizes the cheap chinese card's video EXCEPT Many Cam. So I know it works. I've done a few things with routing the video to multiple programs again.

Just grab a webcam
    Strip the casing off
    ????
    Profit?
    “Getting information off the Internet is like taking a drink from a fire hydrant." Mitchell Kapor
    Setup: TP2 - Vestax Typhoon - Korg NanoPad - Windows 7 x64 - Sony Vaio (Deceased) - Acer Aspire Timeline.
    House Parties - 2x12" Titan Audio PA's, 1xBehringer B1500D Sub

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast