Pabloco's Setup
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pabloco's Setup

Exclamation Pabloco's Setup

Lets lay down a few ground rules... well more like a heads up

-I am only 14 and have only been DJing for about a year and half
    -I am NOT wealthy nor is my family, so If I get something I don't want you guys to think its because of wealthy parents.

First starting: Well, what can I say? I don't know what got me into DJing. It wasn't any dumb videogames like DJ Hero or anything. My father was a "professional"( or at least thats what he called doing a few gigs a month- but still not bad, right?) bass player for a band. However, a few years ago he really started to take business seriously and gave that up. Now whenever I see him every two weeks or so he does play casually at home, and he is amazing. I guess that when I saw how good he was at that I said to myself, Hey I could get really good at something like that one day!. Then I was just on youtube one day and I was following a lot of guys like Phil Morse, Dubspot, and ellaskins. I was learning a lot, but it wasn't until I found Ean Golden that I discovered what I really wanted to do. Controllerism, to me, was a whole new world of DJing. First thing I did, was grabbed an ION Discover DJ.
    (Cheesy cowboy hat- from something me and my friends do every friday...)

Now of course, I knew I wouldn't be doing anything serious with this thing. There was no soundcard, no effects, its just what I used to start learning the basics. Fortunately, I did not fall into the hands of SYNC and tried to teach myself how to beatmatch. Its been more than a year and I still havent gotten it all down!

Next, I run into these Native Instruments guys. I immediatly saved up for Traktor and was loving using it with my Discover DJ. There was so much creativity allowed through MIDI Mapping!

Then came the Numark Stealth Control, NI Kore 1 Controller, Touch OSC, and a footswitch! And a couple blacklights too . The keyboard was used as two midifighters running through GlovePIE.

Again, at this point I am still a bedroom DJ and still learning. However, now I was able to add so much more to my sets. But, I was extremely anxious to go out and perform, So I figured I would lighten the load and borrow a friend's PA system.

More updates after christmas!

Nice SetUp Congrats!!!!!!!!!
    MBP 13' 256 SSD 8Gb RAM. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.8 | MF Classic | NI Audio 2 | NI Audio 10 | CDJ1000MK3 (2) | Technics 1200MKII (4) | A&H Xone 92 (UK) | NI Kontrol F1 | Ipad 4 | Korg Kaoss Pad Mini | Ableton Live Suite.

Nice set-up man! And its nice to see a 14 yr old to understand Traktor and all the stuff around it! My friend who is DJing with me regularly (and been Djing foooor 2 yrs now i think) does not understand a thing about it! And I have to do all this shit for him, really annoying....

You've got a good thing going young man. It's best to start at an early age. I started in my late 20's and by the time I really started getting the best gear, my entire head of hair and beard turned gray. It's not exactly cool to have DJ grandpa at a gig, so have fun while you can sir.
    Korg 402, CDJ1000's, Stanton STR8's, Traktor Scratch, KRK 6's, Axiom Pro 25, Dell Inspiron

christmas

i dont want anyone to think oh his parents are rich and bought him that. This was the ONLY thing I opened on christmas morning along with a cheap laptop stand and some cables. The entire family payed for this and I couldnt be any more thankful

Tech Mentor

congrats! ... i'm 28 and i wish i started when i was 14!! .. most importantly have fun!...

Quote Originally Posted by jsa83 View Post
    congrats! ... i'm 28 and i wish i started when i was 14!! .. most importantly have fun!...
    oh yeah.... been on it for 2 days STRAIGHT! lol... sleep deprived.

I don't know why you need to keep stressing your poor and don't have rich parents to buy you gear. I would venture to guess that most of us on this forum had to pay for all our own gear, myself included. At least your parents were willing to dump $800 on a Christmas gift for you, chill out.

ok im not poor. and I just dont want anyone to think that I'm one of those rich kids who gets whatever they want. k.

Spend less time worrying, you'll be able to lose more sleeping to mixing
    DJM900||CDJ800MKII(2)||PDX 2000(2)||Yamaha HS50M(2)||Yorkville YSS2||Macbook||Traktor 2

http://soundcloud.com/ryanleomusic/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast