Come on NI - you know you want to release this...
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Come on NI - you know you want to release this...

let's get some proper waveform displays on the S4 so we can hide the laptop under the dj booth...

+1

if something like this was made and could potentially access both traktor and maschine on one controller, i would be very interested. i would want 8 pads per side though

hmm well perhaps I didn't mock it up well enough... I was intending the screens to display Traktor waveforms, artist/tune name, time remaining, beatgrid setup, loop markers, effects parameters, track collection scrolling, etc (rather than be a Traktor/Maschine hybrid controller as you suggest).

Basically, in the same way that Maschine provides incredibly tight integration with software, I was hoping that NI would ditch the jog wheels and provide some Maschine-style screens. This would mean that we, as DJ's, could finally ditch the laptop screen and concentrate on the performance and controller.

You guys do know something like this exists right? The thing is another company makes it! The only difference (from your mockup) is that it's only got 2 channels. It's called a Novation Twitch!

if Twitch was anything like I'm proposing then I'd have bought one a long time ago!

there isn't really anything on the market like the screenshot above... NI would need to open up Traktor so that external hardware can display waveforms, track names, etc... a much deeper interaction between software and hardware would be required (much like Maschine allows).

The only similarity between my photoshop and Twitch is that they both don't have jogwheels.

Tech Guru

I'd love something like this but I'd be happy enough for a mixer only version, Im really into the idea of modular setups, that way you don't restrict people

Tech Convert

This thing looks amazing, you should send it over to NI as a prototype because I can definitely see something like this happening one day.

here's another example of what I'm talking about:

That's the removable front panel for the Akai S6000 hardware sampler. As well as being controllable via the front panel, you could also use ak.sys to remote control everything via a pc/mac. This was developed 10 years ago and is WAY more advance than anything you see on the market today!

see: http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/nov0.../akaiaksys.asp

It's this sort of integration that I think should be the next step for Native Instruments. If they opened up Traktor to a deeper level of software/hardware integration then we could also see some really interesting iOS/Android Traktor apps (ones that can display Traktor waveforms, file browsers, grid point editing, etc)

If this was made of metal it would be solid! I like the idea a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by ekwipt View Post
    I'd love something like this but I'd be happy enough for a mixer only version, Im really into the idea of modular setups, that way you don't restrict people
    totally agreed - I would buy a mixer only version of the S4 in a heartbeat... it's a shame NI didn't realise this instead of the S2 imo.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast