Slipmats?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Slipmats?

Default Slipmats?

So im looking into slipmats and of course there are a billion and a half to choose from...what kind do you guys use? I know alot of people that use butter rugs and say they are legit, but i was thinking of getting a custom pair from Glowtronics. Post some slip's you guys use or like.

(P.S. if i get a glow in the dark slipmat and use clear Traktor TC vinyls will you be able to see it ish?)

Butter Rugs for scratching...

Dr. Suzuki Slipmats: Mix Edition for mixing...

I would stay away from any slipmat with acrylic paint..unless your strictly DVS (scuffed vinyl wouldn't be a big deal)
    Technics 1200 MK2s - Vestax PMC06 - NI Kontrol S2 - Traktor - Akai APC40 - Ableton Live 8

I've got ortofon mats, the ones with the blue genie on em.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Tech Wizard

Butter rugs

Tech Mentor

What ever you do do not get white felt ones they look like shit after a few weeks !

Quote Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
    What ever you do do not get white felt ones they look like shit after a few weeks !
    +1
    Technics 1200 MK2s - Vestax PMC06 - NI Kontrol S2 - Traktor - Akai APC40 - Ableton Live 8

Word, ill probably get some butter rugs. I really want a pair of the limited edition fluorescent Traktor vinyls, but they are rare so i kinda wanted to have clear control vinyl with some sick glowing stuff on the slip if it would show throught, but if i have to sacrifice efficiency for the awe effect then its not worth it

Tech Wizard

But white slipmats under clear vinyls look so sick when a par can lights them up. I'm using http://www.dskreet.net/ right now, not used to them being that slippery.

Thats what i was thinking, i use a LED Shadow black light strobe and other lights in my set and i wanted something that would look dope with lights and stuff goin on, but like they said above i dont want to sacrifice scratch efficiency or add alot of static just to look sick. but if its efficient and looks legit then thats what im looking for

If you scratch get either Butter Rugs/Frosted Plates/Speedmats

If you scratch and want to use purdy slipmats (like me - I use my Purple Radio ones) put Flying Carpets under them

If you don't scratch, bog standard will do you won't it?
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast