Traktor and Serato Wishlist - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

damn, I dl'd the free version and no access to tools? that blows

Quote Originally Posted by synthet1c View Post
    well "bob" must be having a bad day, vdj automatically scans the bpm and key, which is interchangable as stated, it will write to an id3 tag one at a time or you can use phantom dj's tool to do your entire library once when the program is closed.

I use this skin which coincidentally bob created, that one is disgusting.. /offtopic

yeah it still looks effing awful.

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If pretty colors distract you that much then I suggest seeing a doctor as they have medication for that.
    And it's rather good.
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.

I am not going to bore you all to death (again) about how most software companies handle feature requests except to say that no company ignores feature requests. It's more a case of what customers see being the just the very tip of the iceberg in terms of what they need to put into the software. I have worked for 5 large software companies in the last 15 years and its the same for every one.
    Beats By Dre is like audio flu for your balls.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

I really didnt want to get drawn into this but Lethal Pizzle and smittten are correct.
    There is a lot of hogwash spoken in this thread.

Take it or leave it (I dont actually care cus im sick of saying it) that NI does read the Features Request forum. I know because we discuss requests on the Beta List.

There is a lot of hysteria about the subforum like "we bought Traktor, we demand OUR suggestions are implemented". No-one has mentioned that when a good suggestion is made a Moderator usually adds "Forwarded" to it. This means the mod has thrown it on the table for discussion.

NI has roadmap for Traktor that is a long way ahead of the version you are using right now (a long way). Everyone is caught up in whats missing and not what it has. I can understand this argument with SSL because that barely changes, perhaps because the users dont wish it to, i dont know but are NI making such a bad job with Traktor. The sales would suggest that their roadmap is pretty good and that they are pretty good at deciding were to take it themselves.

Theres also a LOT of crap spoken about vertical or stacked waveforms and i have to say (sorry guys) most of it is spoken on here. The subject has been battered to death at NI and the majority of Traktor users in the NI forum do not support this suggestion. I know cus ive been on that forum either lurking, as a member or as a Mod for nearly 10 years.
    Ive read every post regarding the matter. You would think NI's life depended on it the way some people (usually Itch or SSL users) go on about it.

Did anyone stop and think that NI arent ignoring the suggestion, they just dont want to implement them cus Traktor does not need them cus of the Phase Meter.

It would take a huge overhaul of the UI to implement such a thing (dont fool yourself it wouldnt). But maybe they will, i mean it will finally shut people up but what it wont do, is get millions of Itch and SSL users jumping ship as it is always claimed over and over again by those wanting SSL style waveforms. Some will jump ship but the gain would be slight and maybe not worth the effort..?

I wish they would implement SSL style waveforms just to shut the argument down.

Im not saying that this "Wish List" is a bad idea. Its not. But if it gets bogged down to the same few features it will be a waste of time cus NI are already looking at or have decided whether those features are on the roadmap.

The only suggestion i throw my weight behind (and i am actively supporting at NI) is Smart Lists and Browser improvements.

Try think outside the box (hate that phrase).

For Traktor:

• Meaningful meetering.
    • Full iTunes integration that actually works…like SSL had in 2005.
    • Cover art browser…kind of like iTunes on the iPad but built for knobs, not touch screens.
    • A view between Small and Micro.
    • Bigger cover art on the players.

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    For Traktor:

[list][*]Meaningful meetering.
    This is the real answer I think

Quote Originally Posted by skygear View Post
    damn... remember winamp? thats what this reminds me of.
    Winamp, that really kicks the lama's ass.

I love traktor & SSL. the R&D teams are like 2 or 3 devs ahead so whatever they throw at us im good. To me its some of the small things...

Like on the Rane 57 to make the PAN knobs into super knobs or filters. This is a 2005 mixer that is still kicking ass in clubs.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Tech Guru

a 3 deck view option would be stellar. I have a 3 channel mixer. I use 3 virtual decks or 2 timecode and 1 virtual deck. The current 4 deck/sample deck view is way too cluttered for me, especially when i dont even use one of the decks! I think thats a legitimate request.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Theres also a LOT of crap spoken about vertical or stacked waveforms and i have to say (sorry guys) most of it is spoken on here. The subject has been battered to death at NI and the majority of Traktor users in the NI forum do not support this suggestion. I know cus ive been on that forum either lurking, as a member or as a Mod for nearly 10 years.
    Ive read every post regarding the matter. You would think NI's life depended on it the way some people (usually Itch or SSL users) go on about it.

Did anyone stop and think that NI arent ignoring the suggestion, they just dont want to implement them cus Traktor does not need them cus of the Phase Meter.

It would take a huge overhaul of the UI to implement such a thing (dont fool yourself it wouldnt). But maybe they will, i mean it will finally shut people up but what it wont do, is get millions of Itch and SSL users jumping ship as it is always claimed over and over again by those wanting SSL style waveforms. Some will jump ship but the gain would be slight and maybe not worth the effort..?

I wish they would implement SSL style waveforms just to shut the argument down.
    Definitely understandable. Thanks for the inside info.
    MacBook Pro
    Numark NS7 + NSFX
    Serato ITCH
    Ableton Live 8
    Akai APC40

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast