Help! mangled my entire music library
    Tech Wizard

Default Help! mangled my entire music library

Few days ago, i noticed when i plugged my mixer in it woudlnt turn on, and my itunes folder has been reset to my C drive. Using a mac. Dont know how, but somehow it got switched. Over the summer i moved my entire music library from C drive to external USB, my itunes folder location was set to external drive. But now it was back to C drive. I have two copies of all my music on external now, and probably another copy of all files on C drive...total shitstorm. But now NONE of the songs in my itunes playlists work, cant find original file. I consolidated libraries, have two xls files in both external and C drive now, but playlists still dont work!!! HELP! spent all summer organizing songs into genre playlists

Tech Wizard

when i do a quick look on the music file that itunes cant find, says location is file://localhost/my external HD name. this is even after i save my itunes folder as that current folder.

I noticed in my main itunes screen, there are duplicates of all the songs with exclamation (not found) files, located right where i want them to be, but this is not the file i have in my playlist....so-how can i update myplaylists to find my proper location of the song..without switching everysong manually..

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Are these in the Traktor collection? If so select all the songs in the playlist and do a check consistency. It should show you missing files and give you the option to find missing.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x